Yay, Foreclosure Pool!!!

b0e67a9f63b68e6b455c8912eb9a272a.jpg

92b7d607cdf70e8805cd3a9d1e46cd89.jpg

217a79c6cb612f73051552433e8084bd.jpg

e899bb827b1d529ecfda2e3931421fb7.jpg

Making progress!

Now, to shower or sweep for another 20 minutes before mommy free time is over... [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Katie when you "burp" your filter with the valve on top.............does it fill the pot at all? I don't know since my equipment is below my pool so as soon as I open the pot water comes rushing in!

Maybe you can ask the inground group how they prime their filter and pump pot.

Kim

Does your pump lose prime when you shut off the power? I want to make sure that today was a freak occurrence because of the blocked line!

If I have to PRIME my pump, I fill it with water from a bucket. Definitely! The pump shouldn't run without water. I only prime once a year at spring opening unless I have to close down the system for some type of weird maintenance.

When I open the pump pot to clean the filter basket, I have a shut-off valve so I don't lose prime, just a slight drain of what was in the pump pot itself. For that, I just turn the pump on; it fills in about 5-10 seconds.

I think it only burps when the pot is close to full. I'll check tomorrow.

Crazy enough. I noticed that my pot is almost completely full of water save a dime-sized air bubble ever since vacuuming today. Any theories as to why that could be?

Thanks!

If it is mostly full and you see the water is moving, that should be ok. I almost never have to prime my pump, but when I do I use a hose to fill it up, put the cap on and start it. When the pump is running, sometimes it's completely full of water, others there is an air bubble visible. As long as it's just a bubble and not mostly air, it's ok.

a small bubble at the top of the lid is pretty much normal. An air bubble probably simply got trapped. Maybe from a bit of air that was likely in the vacuum hose.

If you see tiny bubbles coming in, or if your pump basket is only half full and wont fill up, thats when you have an air leak.
Just keep an eye on the bubble and if it doesnt get larger you are good.

Most likely, it will disappear on its own before long.

Crazy enough. I noticed that my pot is almost completely full of water save a dime-sized air bubble ever since vacuuming today. Any theories as to why that could be?

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Okay. So, I went out to see if the water level went down after I turned the pump off and noticed the same issue: About a fist-sized air pocket in the pump basket.

Come to think of it, I noticed the lack of air pocket while my pump was running on "waste".

I'll test all of this again tomorrow, but as of right now, when it's set to:
"filter"--there's a big air pocket in the basket and bubbles from the return jet closest to the stairs (& no bubbles from return closest to diving board)

"Waste": Just a tiny dime-sized air bubble.

If it's different tomorrow, I'm going to guess that my o-ring needs replacing on my pump basket lid OR I'm not getting it tight enough.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Hiiiiiii!!!! Sorry to leave you hanging! My house started falling apart and life happened. BUT, my pool is still clear-ish [emoji16] I went out of town last week and came back to green/black dots on the bottom. But I'm sweeping like a fool. Thanks for all the support you guys!!! I'll take a pic tomorrow to show you.

As for the bubbles in the return, I can't wrap my head around it.

Soooo, riddle me this:

There are significant bubbles in one of the return lines (furthest from skimmer & near steps/shallow-end), except I noticed they go away when the pressure on my filter gauge is at ~30psi.

At this point, I back wash (& add DE) and the bubbles come back.

Also, maybe an irrelevant side note, I notice that when I vacuum (with hose attached to the skimmer intake) and backwash, the water flow is inconsistent. Almost like how blood pumps...

Today, after back washing, I noticed the water in the skimmer doing the same pulsating thing.

Here's a video of that:
https://vimeo.com/142105779

I just think it's so strange that the bubbles eventually go away only to come back after I backwash (or pump to "waste" for that matter).

Any pool plumbing sleuths have ideas?

No ideas about the bubbles :( Sorry.

I just wanted to tell you I feel for you about the house. We also bought a foreclosed house. The things your find.........We would walk through the house and say "He was drunk when he did this one" "He was upset when he did this", ect. NOTHING was done right :( In time we got it all straighten out.

Hugs!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.