Pool Forum Gone ??

I remember that forum in its hey day. I still peek in there occasionally. They taught me what I needed to get my little Intex frame pool started and clear. Everyone was so nice . Then Ben disapeared and this place was started to fill the void that we all felt. I'm glad to see Ben is back, he is a real pioneer. But I like this place too. Kim

cobra46 said:
I think the two forums should just merge.

It would be less expense to operate as a combined forum and the knowledge base would grow dramatically.

Is it possible to add the historical data from PF to this site?

Once upon a time, it was discussed, but that ship sailed a long time ago. However, and I've said this before, I've been really impressed about the way Dave and Jason have maintained and grown TFP since taking it over last year - it really has become a one-stop resource. They have managed to provide more pool care info than ever, maintain a stable and ever increasingly easy to use website (without advertising!) and have kept up the great, friendly atmosphere that was so important to me when we all started TFP. :goodjob:

I finally managed to register on Pool Forum. I had lurked there for quite some time (before this site existed) but never registered. By the time I wanted to, new registrations had closed. I'm comfortable here, but it's nice to have another place to go. But sheesh, he requires real name, physical address (he checks GoogleEarth to see if you have a pool), telephone number (to verify against name & address), and your internet provider's name. I did it, but I feel like I went to the proctologist.

Well, the notes field says:"Gmap shows possible pool locale; phone reverses to name / address; IP clean => OK"
so maybe if you just have a backyard it's OK. I have no idea. I assume so, because it took about four years for my new pool to show up on GoogleEarth. This note is from a field in my profile that says: "This is a private field, for notes viewable only by the administrators." I guess they have to work on that feature a little more.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Welcome to TFP! :wave:

It's up for me now so it was either a temporary glitch or you live in an area that is being blocked by IP address or you have an IP address in a block of addresses that are thought to be spam. Ben seriously restricts IP addresses at The Pool Forum to prevent spam and hacking, but it locks out many legitimate addresses. TFP manages these issues better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.