Under Construction - Tomball, TX

Your plaster is beautiful and will make for amazing water! I'm so sorry you've had to go through all of this trouble. Maybe they are taking extra care of your pool, now! I certainly hope so. I know you're relieved to have this part done. Now the acid wash and then the water. When you jump in that gorgeous pool, I bet much of this stress will float away! That's what I'm hoping for you.

My plaster has been postponed for the 3 day now (without anyone telling me....). You're one reason I feel I can't complain. It's just a postponement, not a major foul up.

Take care!
Suz.

Marla, thanks for the suggestion. Wife is pretty set on bottle brush trees along the back fence and something called Japanese pencil trees down side fences. Seeing as she let me design and select everything for this pool with no input from her I'm probably going to have to cave on whatever landscaping she chooses. Even trade as far as I' concerned.

Suz, I sure hope so!

Very anxious to see what it ends up looking like after acid and fill. Then comes the fun part of balancing and self-testing. Never done it before but I've spent the last several weeks reading everything I can here. Glad to be starting out with TFP method. Going to have to live with pucks I'm afraid until builder turns it over to me. Have to follow his procedure for startup for warranty. He doesn't agree with my bleach solution. I haven't yet shown him the 30 gallon Stenner tank I expect him to plumb in for me. That's gonna be fun. So far he still hasn't returned my phone calls since the plaster screw up last week.

PS... yes, I know the 30 gallon tank is big for this size pool and I doubt I will fill it half way due to life of bleach. But I figured I'd get the big tank anyway for a few more dollars.

And today I finally figured out how to set my avatar, change my time zone, and edited my sig. :)

Kim, I didn't specify the mother of pearl. I think it's actually part of the Indigo Blue color. Mentions shells in the description. They put it on by "throwing" it at the plaster about half way through the process. I'm sure had I told my builder I wanted to add it he'd have gladly charged me $400 and not told me it was part of the color already. :)

Travis if he even blinks when you tell him to plumb it in I am SURE there is someone here that can/will help you. You do NOT want to push him or the plumber to do something they do not understand or know how to REALLY do..........

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Marla, thanks again. Didn't know there were two types.

Kim, seems to be a fairly easy job. We are already in disagreement over the single speed feature pump he put in. I've told him I want it replaced with VS and he won't respond. He's plumbing in the Sense & Dispense. Bleach will be exact same plumbing/electrical as S&D.

Anyone else have Prism Matrix Indigo Blue plaster here? I'd like to see an extreme close up pic of it if you do.

Kim, I didn't specify the mother of pearl. I think it's actually part of the Indigo Blue color. Mentions shells in the description. They put it on by "throwing" it at the plaster about half way through the process. I'm sure had I told my builder I wanted to add it he'd have gladly charged me $400 and not told me it was part of the color already. :)

They added abalone shells for you! I'm paying $130 extra for mine and Wendy paid more for hers. I bet it's their "I'm sorry" gift

Because they are soft! Lol! I just know that's the kind we have and they are really pretty. in fact, the nursery person even pointed out the leaves to us, which to me look like they have a kinda white dusting on them. They are a lighter green than some of the others we saw. Ours are about 15' high.

Last edited:
If there's anyone who really has a serious interest in more pics let me know and I'll see if I can't figure out how to post a link directly to dropbox and put ALL the build pics in there. It's a LOT. Also have some videos of them applying the plaster.

So I've had some Omnilogic questions I've been trying to get answers to. Talked to the Omnilogic rep who told me that in order to fully control the Colorlogic lights with Omnilogic that I need the network version of those lights. Needless to say PB did't get the network version.

Of course he did not :( Time to start pushing back. YOU are the one paying the money. TELL him "This is what I want. If you want your next check make sure I have it/them before you come for the check." Say it with a smile on your face BUT will steel in your eyes!

Kim

Kim, I agree but at the same time I have to admit some of the issues I've had with this PB have been partially my fault. I wish I knew at signing as much as I know now. The lights for instance. This Omnilogic is a brand new animal. I think it would have been highly unlikely for him to know that he needed to use the network version of the lights for functionality that Omnilogic will have in the future. Neither lights will work any differently right now. But when they come out with a future upgrade for the Omni I'm going to be stuck without the network version of the lights and far less control than I could have. I have a hard time faulting the PB for that. I could argue that he's the builder and he ought to know the products he's selling inside and out, but this is fairly bleeding edge stuff as far as pool equipment goes. I've read some other threads on Omnilogic where they used a Tristar VS pump and found out the Omni wouldn't control it. Problem was they needed a brand new version of the pump that had JUST come out.

As I was writing this post my PB called. I explained about the lights and switching out the Tristar feature pump for a Tristar VS and why I wanted it. He completely understood and said he'd take care of all of it. He's about to go out of town for 9 days starting Friday so he's trying to at least get water in the pool and get me up and running before he leaves. He's going to swap out the pump and lights when he gets back. No doubt he's going to hit me for upgrade costs for all of it. Again, if I knew all this 3 months ago I'd have spelled all of it out verbatim in the contract down to the part numbers. As it was he just had "Tristar 1 HP pump" in the contract. Similarly it just had "Hayward Colorlogic lights." I hadn't gotten down to such detail as I have now in my research. So, I can't really blame him.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.