100% new to pools. Design video etc

How many gallons are you thinking the pool will be? We suggest getting a SWG that is rated 2x the size of the pool. This helps save money with lower pump run time and longer cell life.

Im not sure how many gallons it is but its 16x40 with 6ft deep end roughly... So even with a variable speed pump you would still recommend 2x the rating? Happy to do so (and im sure pay more haha) You guys/gals know more than I :)

We recommend 2x the rating on the SWG no matter what pump you have. I did a best guess on your gallons (VERY rough) and got 23900 gals. I put in your lxw and said 5' deep to round out the shallow and deep end.

Kim:kim:

And so it has been said :) ill make sure i get a bigger SWG than is likely the default :) thank you...
This project is taking on a life of its own.

So here is a question maybe you guys/gals can help with too. We have natural slate tile in our basement (bathroom, and bar area) and its gorgeous (amazing millions year old fern fossil in one of them). In a room adjacent to the pool we are going to blow out a wall, and install a sliding door/french door and tile that room, so we have access to a bathroom, without needing to build a pool house for it. That said, is natural stone (that absorbs water of course) an ok choice for that? I love its look and would love to keep it consistent.
thanks

Show us a pic of what you speak. Is this tile on the floor? Is that where you are asking if you should put it in the new room?

That idea for the new room is AWESOME!!! VERY smart to think ahead like that! I would also like to see the outside wall where the new doors will be going. I have some neat idea for wet towels and such!!

Ok, ill try to snap a pic soon... So the outside wall will be under the new awning. Under that will be couches, a wood burning fireplace, tv, bar etc. Over that french door i plan to install an air curtain to keep bugs out, cold air in but open it up to the inside etc.

and yes, that tile is on the floor... amazing tile, natural etc... only downside is its not level :) its quite uneven ,so tables and chairs are tough. but that room wont have them, likely

That IS some pretty tile! George is mighty handsome as well. You are welcome to take more pics of him for me!!!

My only concern is your say it absorbs water. How much water and what happens when it dries? With it being the pool bathroom there will be the pitter-patter of little wet feet all of the time so............if you think it can handle and not be slippery then go for it!

It definitely wont be slippery. Its a rougher surface, and cleavage and fracture cuts all over. Slippage is not a concern :) Just wondering how natural slate like this handles a decent amount of water :)

as far as what happens, im not 100% sure. The cleaning folks wash it and it stays wet for a while, but eventually dries. It dries fine, with no concerns. I guess I dont know what would happen if it dried with salt/chlorine residue on it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
funny, i was thinking that... i think i have a spare box in the back room :) OFF I GO
If i wanted to simulate the rough saltiness of the SWG pool what would one expect i need to add to a gallon of water.. salt wise? :) told you im 100% green to this

So The tile is surprisingly non porous (for a time). The water held without hardly any absorption for a couple hours, and then overnight, did evaporate and/or absorbed in to the rock.
Pictures are
1. when i poured water (blotted water off the left side)
2. Few hours later
3. Next morning.

I hit the picture quota or whatever :) so here is a link to my share...
Basically what the pictures say is if I just use a towel and dry the stone of standing water its probably no big deal.

Pool House Stone - Google Photos

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.