10 year old pentair intellifo giving overcurrent alarm

Chris,

At 10 years old, I'd install a whole new IntelliFlo... They are better and more efficient than the older ones.

Just to be sure... Is this a problem that intermittently shows up and then it works for while.. Or did you see this failure just this one time and the pump will now not run?

If the latter, I'd double check with a volt meter that you have 240 Volts AC when measuring between L1 and L2 right at the pump.. It is possible that you only lost one phase and the pump is ok. Do not measure L1 to ground and L2 to ground and then add the two together to get 240.. That can result in an error with the pump installed.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Chris,

It may be a waste of a few minutes of your time, but I strongly suggest you test the actual input voltage at the pump.. It could save you from buying a new pump.

Circuit breakers do go bad from time to time. Most likely, the pump is bad, but I'd say there is a 20% chance it could be an input voltage failure.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Chris,

I want to know if you are getting actually 240 volts AC into your pump.. If you have 240 VAC, when you measure between the L1 and L2 connections at the power input to the pump, that means that the pump itself is bad.. With any kind of luck, you will not have 240 VAC, which means that you have lost either both L1 and L2 or will have lost just one of them.. This would point to a bad circuit breaker in whatever panel feeds the pump.

In theory, the pump should get constant AC power.. If your pump is controlled by some type of switch, timer, or relay, it could also be bad..

Step one is to measure between L1 and L2 right at the point power comes into the pump.

Thanks,

Jim R.

my old pump was seized and it was replaced it with a new 011 028. keeping the old wet end in case the new one cracks.
now to finally figure out how to program this thing.
i can NOT create one program to change speed during the day.
rather i have to create several schedules - one for 24 hours at low speed, another for 6 overnight hours at high speed when electricity is the cheapest and one for medium speed for the peak sunshine hours.
right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.