1-YR OLD IC-40 quit - Is there something better?

plays10s

Mar 2, 2022
Carrollton, GA
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My pool is exactly one year and one week old. My IC-40 salt cell is not producing chlorine. The light was flashing "inspect cell", which we took off today and cleaned (even though I did not think it looked like it needed it). We re-assembled. That light quit flashing; however, the red light is on that says "low salt". My salt is not low. I just tested it, and it remains at 3800. I usually keep it between 3400 and 3800. Shouldn't a salt cell last more than a year? Is there something better out there that I could use with my Pentair equipment? Have any of you heard about Circupool? I'm not sure that it would be compatible with my system, but I thought I'd call tomorrow. Any ideas? Any thoughts on it just lasting one year?

Thanks!

My pool is exactly one year and one week old. My IC-40 salt cell is not producing chlorine. The light was flashing "inspect cell", which we took off today and cleaned (even though I did not think it looked like it needed it). We re-assembled. That light quit flashing; however, the red light is on that says "low salt". My salt is not low. I just tested it, and it remains at 3800. I usually keep it between 3400 and 3800. Shouldn't a salt cell last more than a year? Is there something better out there that I could use with my Pentair equipment? Have any of you heard about Circupool? I'm not sure that it would be compatible with my system, but I thought I'd call tomorrow. Any ideas? Any thoughts on it just lasting one year?

Thanks!
Still have a warranty on it? How are you checking the salt? Have you tried adding more salt? Someone with diagnostic experience may have some ideas.

Still have a warranty on it? How are you checking the salt? Have you tried adding more salt? Someone with diagnostic experience may have some ideas.
Not sure about warranty. I will take it to the pool store/builder in the morning. I use the TF-Pro Salt test to check the salt, as recommended by this forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.