1 week old new StoneScapes mini pebble

NO glass by the pool please! That is just asking for trouble. You can get a cheap plastic one and have any worries. In fact you need two. One will be just for the muriatic acid and the other one will be for everything else.

By tomorrow morning all 4lbs water conditioner should dissolve. All i have to raise is calcium hardness. According to pool start-up guide I can raise it slowly to hit target 250-350. So this summer I’m switching from 3” tablet to liquid chlorine. Last year I add 8 3 tablet to automatic chlorine every 2 week. How do I do this with liquid chlorine? How often do I add? How do I shock with liquid chlorine? I paid $90 for 50lbs tablet which last a year. Switch to liquid chlorine. Do I save money or cost me more.

Here is a set of links I put together for new pool owners. This should help answer a couple of your questions.
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Trouble Free Pool

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

As you can see on the first one you will add liquid chlorine each day. Yeah the tablets are slightly easier BUT they add extra stuff to your pool that when it builds up will mean you have to drain and replace some of your water.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
With it being new plaster you should be brushing twice a day and letting your pump/filter run 24/7 to help clear the plaster dust out. Once you stop seeing any plaster dust when you brush then you can start the pump on a schedule.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.