1.65sfhp single speed is dead. Looking to upgrade. Can someone look over my stats?

Re: 1.65hp single speed motor is dead. Looking to upgrade. Can someone look over my s

Don't you close your pool before the freeze sets in?

Last season I drained my pool to below the lowest return line. Only for that return line to keep draining, and draining, and draining.... come to find out I had an automatic water leveler (toilet bowl float). Lol. Le sigh. New to me home owner joys.

I couldn't figure out how to turn it off so I just filled the pool back up and covered it with it's cover.

So I'd rather just depend on the freeze protection to run when it gets below freezing. I think I calculated it's gonna cost me something like $65+ in salt/cya/ch/borate/acid to get my levels back to the way they were from all the water I drained out :( $65 would buy several seasons worth of electricity for the pump to run in the winter. And yea, I'm sometimes penny wise, pound foolish. I really shouldn't get so worked up over a measly $65 in 'lost' chemicals.

I guess I could just attempt to keep my eye on the weather and if it's gonna be below freezing for an extended period of time to remember to run my pump 24/7 manually on low until the freeze passes. The problem with Oklahoma is the weather yo-yos a lot. I doubt I'd have to run the pumps much, but it'll be a bit of nuisance to remember.

Re: 1.65hp single speed motor is dead. Looking to upgrade. Can someone look over my s

Ouch! PS texted me back with a quote of $1,500 to purchase/install a new Jandy VS pump/motor, no model #/specs were given.

Looks like I'm gonna go the Frankenstein and DIY route. Looking at ~$450ish.

Well after unhealthy amounts of researching I finally pulled the trigger.

I was just gonna get a replacement 1.65 SFHP motor, new seal plate, and seal kit and call it a day. However I was looking at my impeller and noticed it had all kinds of dry rot looking cracks on the hub. Well poo. If I was gonna have to get another impeller I decided to indulge and went up a notch in hp. Also going to replace my diffuser as the brass bearing was gouged out big time. Joy.

Currently @ ~$490 as is. For comparisons I've basically cobbled together a "WFDS-6" which goes for $660. The only thing left stock on my pump will be the volute and the basket lid :lol:
Code:
Seal Plate with rebuild kit	 $79.87	074564 + salt water kit
Motor				$314.99	B2983
Strainer basket			  $7.99	70387
Impeller			 $48.99	73129
Diffuser 			 $37.99	72927

Still gonna need to buy and figure out where to put that 3 toggle switch so I can manually switch from low to high when I wanna vacuum. I hope I made the right decision in not getting the programmable B2983T

Hope to have pics up once I'm done installing it all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.