Toronto
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
switched my hot tub to SWG from beginning with Controlomatic SWG. Loved the ease and lower maintenance vs bromine.

1st heater coil failed after 8months, it was replaced under warranty.

6 months later (last week) I discovered the replacement heater failed again.

I took some pictures of the heater unit. Appears to be a Gecko brand 15"x2", 4kW 240V. Hot tub is a Hydropool brand (Toronto/Canadian company)

Questions:

-Seems like I have to use the Gecko heater to go with the Gecko heater pack that's installed in my hot tub
-I can't find a titanium version of the heater, I was thinking of buying the titanium coils and replacing it, but this product listing says the heater element isn't actually replacemeable... can anyone confirm ?

IMG_6779.jpgIMG_6783.jpg

Last edited:
The whole heater assembly needs to be replaced due to corrosion.

Did you just disconnect the ground wires or were they never connected?

What does Gecko say?

What does Hydropool say?

I've reached out to Gecko and Hydropool but no response yet

The crystals are frozen water... the water in the pipes are frozen and there appears some water leaked out somewhere... i hope i don't have any cracked pipes...

I know the entire heater housing needs to be replaced but it doesn't seem like Gecko heater housings come with titanium elements, so I was going to purchase a universal titanium element and replace the stock inoly element from the new housing.

Reactions: JamesW
If you’re having freezing weather & its unable to keep temp you need to drain the tub & do your best to evacuate/blow out the lines to prevent further damage, the heater may be the least of your problems.

I suspect the heater went, which blew the main fuse, which then allowed the water to cool down and freeze... hoping there's no cracked lines... ugg...

Next 2 weeks is suppose to warm up above freezing so will have a chance to get heater replaced and take it from there.

Gecko responded and said they don't offer this heater housing with a titanium element... so either I'm going to have to get a universal one and try to replace it myself, or if that one web listing is accurate and the element is not replaceable... then I guess I either have to live with a new heater element every 6-8 months with a SWG or switch back to chlorine/bromine treatments

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.