1/2 way thru build but just found this forum

Jun 13, 2017
Carmichael, CA
Wish I had found this forum long ago. I feel like I haven't discussed half of the stuff I've read on here with my PB. I naively assumed since they were in the pool business they would know what is best. We are building a 400sq free form pool with a cabo bench and rock water fall (not in conjunction with cabo bench). 3'6" on shallow end and 6' on deep end. Gunite with Pebble Plus finish. Plumbing includes 2 1/2" suction with dual main drains and 4- 2" returns. Auto fill with anti-siphon valve (3/4 line). Pentair easy touch control, Pentair 320 pool filtration, Pentair Legend pool sweep with 3/4 hp pump, and two Pentair LED colored lights. Gunite, plumbing, electrical all finished so can't really change much now even if I wanted to. Been too hot to pour concrete so in a bit of a holding pattern right now. The one thing I really wish I had known was how much of a disaster my backyard was going to turn into. It was a pretty well manicured yard with tons of drip lines and plants and now it's a disaster. My dogs think the dirt mounds are for playing in!

Anyway, if anyone would like to comment on what I probably should have done differently or what I should (if I can) change, I would be open to it. Oh, and I'm also adding solar.

Thanks!

If you can post your plans with all equipment specs and some pictures of where you started and where your at . This will help us give you accurate information as well as a visual so we can give you recommendations

Welcome Susan...we use to live in Folsom...small world. Need to create a signature with your info so folks can follow along, post lots of pics, read the threads and consider membership. You won't regret that part for sure! I am a first time pool owner/build and this site gave me the confidence to move forward. Oh and make sure to ask lots of questions...best of luck

Welcome! Would love to see a rendering of the planned pool and pics of current state. The mess is part of it unfortunately but once it is all finished, I am told you will forget all about it (not finished yet here). Do you have your tile, coping, deck, plaster colors figured out?

Realistically, I think they could make less of a mess. Better operators could maneuver around the yard so as not to destroy everything.

Realistically, I think they could make less of a mess. Better operators could maneuver around the yard so as not to destroy everything.

I agree though our mess is not so much from the excavator and more so the trash pile of debris and all the random bottles and such in the pool etc. We have 3 acres so they have a lot more room ran a reg residential build but didnt tear up a bunch of ground but man when a storm blows in and the wind sends trash flying through the yard, hubby gets mad.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.