JoeFletch

Nov 7, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Bit of newbie here that has been testing and maintaining his own pool water with a K-2006C and pool match for over a year now without any significant issues or even any issues to note at all. I have read all of the documentation on the site in the past and did a bit of a refresher today, but I think that I am missing something.

For the past 3 weeks, I have had a CC level of 0.5 ppm. I have not been concerned because the CC level has not gone over 0.5 ppm. I guess I was expecting the CC to go down (or even a decrease in FC), but after 3 weeks, I am getting a bit concerned, but my FC has increased each week with the use of my SWG. Not sure if I should be SLAMing the pool or if I am ok. I am also concerned because my daughter came out of the pool and was complaining about her eyes hurting; not sure if that is from the high FC or having a 0.5 ppm CC level (again, bit of a newbie here). Water is mostly clear, a little cloudy when I brush, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Below are my recent test details numbers.

DateFCCCpHTACYASWG%
3/28110.58+ (added acid)7085(didn't keep track)
4/213.50.58+ (added acid)708580%
4/12180.58+ (added acid)707080%
4/12 (+~2 hours)220.57.4--25%

A 0.5 CC is of no consequence.

Irritated eyes is normally high CC (above 1) or out of range pH. I see you adjusted your pH today. Was it well mixed in before she swam and you tested?

Also, once your FC is above 10 ppm, the pH test is not accurate. It will be close if read quickly up to about 15 ppm FC, but after that , it is not viable.

Also, once your FC is above 10 ppm, the pH test is not accurate. It will be close if read quickly up to about 15 ppm FC, but after that , it is not viable.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I guess my plan is at this point to turn the chlorine generator off and allow for some of FC to dissipate naturally. I will test daily until I get back to normal levels (~5ppm).

I guess my plan is at this point to turn the chlorine generator off and allow for some of FC to dissipate naturally. I will test daily until I get back to normal levels (~5ppm).
Good plan. Be sure to not drop below the target FC based on your CYA using the FC/CYA Levels

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.