Follow the advice above. Get poolmath app if you are going to maintain with TFP methods.

Also keep in mind that your FC will take a beating when you have a high swimmer load in the pool - especially if they are the type of swimmer to dodge out of bathroom breaks! Remember it is safe to swim up to SLAM level for your CYA so you can test and add more LC (if required) during an event in a short break that presents itself without worry. You definitely want to check your levels at the end of a big swim day and not let a soup develop overnight.

I think I saw another poster here describe having a pool as being like having a pet. You have to feed, water and exercise your pet as part of responsible ownership and your pool is much the same. If you neglect it, it will get sick.
Thank you! Great analogy! I love this site. I will download the app. I think I am getting the hang of this. I was just at the local pool store getting LC ( not Leslie's). They are very honest and refuse to sell you something you dont need. They have Tri- Chlor tabs there and he explained it to me as they are 99% chlorine. I know the Costco ones are filled with a bunch of Crud but if these tabs are 99% chlorine I can't see how those could hurt the pool. Does TFP not recommend these tabs either?

Off subject but is it normal to have pool water in the utility pump I used to drain the pool? It has been out of the water for several days now but I can still hear water sloshing around in there.

Thank you again

They are very honest and refuse to sell you something you dont need.
Ok this may be true. But I bet you $50 they dont know what you need. Like this:
They have Tri- Chlor tabs there and he explained it to me as they are 99% chlorine
Trichlor adds CYA and quickly becomes unmanageable. They legit don't know the product they are selling. My GC told me his liquid pool shock was 99%. Too bad the label that he'd never read said 12.5%

Off subject but is it normal to have pool water in the utility pump I used to drain the pool? It has been out of the water for several days now but I can still hear water sloshing around in there

Yeah. No matter how much I shake and jiggle mine, there is always some left in there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.