Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!

Jamie- your pool looks stunning!!! It turned out wonderful!! And what a great memory for your kids that they got to help mom build the pool! Your trim tiles look amazing with the plaster and your waterline tile- it all came together beautifully!! Job well done!

Thank you for all the compliments. We really like how it turned out and hope the acid wash goes well. The pebble is Stonescapes Tropics Blue mini with added hand cast abalone. The trim tile is Jules Rustic Blue blend from NPT and the water line tile is NPT Trident Tourquoise TRD-Tortoise.

Just got word that the acid wash guys are in their way. We had no rain all night, so that was an answer to prayers. Not sure if any got out Brian's way, but I did pray for that too! :)

I went to bed sick at 8 pm last night and feel pretty lousy this morning. Of all days! Fortunately this is my husband's off day, so he'll be learning really quickly how to test and dose the water!

Jamie, hope you are better. Was hoping you weren't in labor, but then I remembered this wasn't your first rodeo, so you'd definitely know when that happens!

Btw-who's in charge of letting US know when that happens???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Filling with water today even if you are sick means you've officially won the race to beat the baby! That is good news at least yes? It stinks to be sick. I really feel for you. We just had the flu over here in the kiddos so there is lots of junk going around.

Jamie, hope you are better. Was hoping you weren't in labor, but then I remembered this wasn't your first rodeo, so you'd definitely know when that happens!

Btw-who's in charge of letting US know when that happens???

This. We're all praying for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers. I am feeling much better than I was, but not 100% functional yet, especially when the Tylenol wears off. This has hit me hard! I just hope no one else in the family gets it, especially my husband. He has been great through all of this! I'm taking this illness as God's way of making me step back so my husband could try his hand at this pool care stuff. He was always willing, but now he didn't have a choice (and I didn't have a choice but to let him! :p )

The pool was finished filling yesterday and we (I.e., my husband) treated the water following the bicarbonate startup method throughout. With backup help from Brian (who's awesome, by the way!) we were able to get it all up and running yesterday and are keeping it on track. It looks like the pool is right around 28,000 gallons and I think it took about 30 hours to fill with three hoses. We have also begun brushing it and my eager kids are fighting over who gets to help with that once they learned their would be money involved! I just ordered an extra pole and brush. Can't have too much help!

True to the bicarbonate method, we really aren't seeing a lot of plaster dust. If I see any, it is coming off of the horizontal benches and ledges. I'm trying to figure out the circulation in the pool and getting the returns set in the right direction to promote flow to the skimmers. It was a pretty windy day, so it's hard to tell what it will be like in the end, but I fear I could have placed the skimmers better to improve their job.

I've got questions about basic things, like skimmer function, filter cleaning, what to do to prepare to open and clean the pump basket but those will have to wait until I'm feeling a little better to assimilate the information. I just figured everyone was probably wondering about an update, and I didn't want to make you wait any longer.

I just took these pictures. The sun is getting lower in the sky and the pump is running so the water isn't very smooth, but you get an idea of the color so far. We like it as it is, but expect it to change as things progress. Tropics Blue was definitely the right choice for us!

Great water color! Glad you are feeling better. What a great job you did on the build! How long before you can swim??

Thanks, Marla! If we follow startup procedures exactly, which is the plan, it will be 30 days from yesterday until we swim. It will give the pool time to warm up, and also a great opportunity for my kids to practice patience! ;-)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.