Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!

Jamie will you have the big kid tell us on here or ??? do you want my cell number so they can text me and I can tell TFP?

Kim

That is a very sweet offer, Kim. Thank you! Actually, it probably won't be too hard for me or my husband to update here once the baby is born since I'm pretty sure they have wifi in the hospital rooms. Unfortunately, our cell phones haven't made it out of the Stone Age yet so texting is a tedious non-event for me. But I do have an iPad so I can iMessage people with iPhones, and I can use it to post to TFP with pictures. Although there are times I really don't want a smart phone, it's becoming increasingly frequent when it would be very handy to have one.

Hey expat from North Van... does Brian's suggestion to 'go swimming' in your start-up thread mean that the 'race to beat the baby' has been won? If so, Congratulations and I hope it's a blast for that team of young'uns !!!
:paddle:

Hey expat from North Van... does Brian's suggestion to 'go swimming' in your start-up thread mean that the 'race to beat the baby' has been won? If so, Congratulations and I hope it's a blast for that team of young'uns !!!
:paddle:

Hello, fellow Canuck! Yes, you are exactly right! We let the family swim tonight after dinner per Brian's instructions. (Thanks, Brian!) It was a little chilly with the pool shaded because of the sun lower in the sky, and the water temperature was 69 max, but they had a blast. They were thrilled to be able to get in earlier than the 30 day wait they had become resigned to because of the bicarbonate startup we were doing. Here are some pictures to show off this fun (and proof that we really did "beat the baby"... I'm 36 weeks today and baby is definitely still in utero! ;-)

Well done, Jamie, well done indeed.

Now, for Heaven's sake, get some rest before your next trial of labor!! You deserve a serious vacation after all that ;)

Go the fam! 69 takes your breath away, but oh the thrill of it. I might not be in past my knees either, but if I was their age, or maybe a whiskey or two, I'd bomb it from the highest spot I could find. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You did it! You really did it! You ROCK! :punkrock: THANKS for the cannon ball pic! How many outtakes did it take?? "Now boys on the count of three. Hey I said wait for three! Get back up there and do it again!" LOL

Awwwwwwww the love and fun times for all!

"You can go swimming WHEN your school work is done and meets my approval"............faster school day ever!

Kim

What great pictures of the kiddos enjoying the pool! Great cannonball shot!
You have a beautiful family and YOU LOOK GREAT!!! I hope you get to lounge next to that gorgeous pool and rest up before the baby makes its appearance.

Hello, fellow Canuck! Yes, you are exactly right! We let the family swim tonight after dinner per Brian's instructions. (Thanks, Brian!) It was a little chilly with the pool shaded because of the sun lower in the sky, and the water temperature was 69 max, but they had a blast. They were thrilled to be able to get in earlier than the 30 day wait they had become resigned to because of the bicarbonate startup we were doing. Here are some pictures to show off this fun (and proof that we really did "beat the baby"... I'm 36 weeks today and baby is definitely still in utero! ;-)

I can see something you can't . . . Your toes :)
Nice clear water! Great job on the pool!!

Well done, Jamie, well done indeed.

Now, for Heaven's sake, get some rest before your next trial of labor!! You deserve a serious vacation after all that ;)

Thank you, Matt. Yes, it will be good to try to slow down a little before the baby comes. It seems so close, though, that all I can see are things that need to get done! I'll have to start delegating. :)

Jamie, congratulation! You've done so much! And your water looks beautiful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you!

Go the fam! 69 takes your breath away, but oh the thrill of it. I might not be in past my knees either, but if I was their age, or maybe a whiskey or two, I'd bomb it from the highest spot I could find. :)
My kids were very resilient and even I did some real swimming after that initial photo was taken. My husband had probably the shortest stay in the water. I joke that my hardy Canadian blood has become thin and wimpy here in Texas, but a cool dip still reminds me of swimming in the river near our house in N. Van. But, I did tell my husband that the pool will feel much more "useable" once the water gets a little warmer! :p

Your pictures make me smile -- now thats what its all about! And what a beautiful family!!! :)
Thank you, Helen! After our first dip, it is becoming more real imagining how we will be spending our hot summer days. I bet the kids in floaties will learn to swim for real in no time!

You did it! You really did it! You ROCK! :punkrock: THANKS for the cannon ball pic! How many outtakes did it take?? "Now boys on the count of three. Hey I said wait for three! Get back up there and do it again!" LOL

Awwwwwwww the love and fun times for all!

"You can go swimming WHEN your school work is done and meets my approval"............faster school day ever!

Kim
Thanks, Kim! Everyone insisted that I be the first one in since I was the main driver behind the pool build, but that "honor" didn't matter to me (maybe because the pool was so cold?!) and the kids were fully soaked first. That cannon ball picture was actually the first one we tried. I didn't bother going for a non-blurry one. I think they had already jumped in the pool before that though. That photo attempt wasn't captured so well though.

What great pictures of the kiddos enjoying the pool! Great cannonball shot!
You have a beautiful family and YOU LOOK GREAT!!! I hope you get to lounge next to that gorgeous pool and rest up before the baby makes its appearance.
Thank you, Denise! I am looking forward to enjoying the pool with the family this summer. I didn't really expect to get to go in it before the baby came, so that was fun, and there is still time to enjoy it some more. I joked with my husband that if only the water would get a little warmer, I could do a water birth! (Haha, NOT! :) )

All of your diligence and hard work paid off!!! Congrats!
Thanks, Sheree! You'll be there soon enough!

I can see something you can't . . . Your toes :)
Nice clear water! Great job on the pool!!
That's funny... Thanks for the laugh! :)

Hello everyone! I figured with May just around the corner (and with a little nudge from Kim :) ) I figured it might be a good idea to update this thread with some key information.... No baby yet!

I'm due on Monday (May 2nd) and typically don't go early, with one baby having come 10 days late, so it's just a waiting game right now. It seems like there is a lot to do, so I'm not in any rush... Yet! Fortunately, the weather has been lovely and the pool temperature has been steadily rising, with a very pleasant high of 79 so far, so we have all been swimming every day. I'm trying to get my swim time in now, as I'll have to take a break once the baby is born.

I'll be sure to update here once there is any news. We have chosen to be surprised on whether the baby is a boy or a girl, so it's going to be exciting! Stay tuned... ;-)

Maybe you can post a pic of the pool illuminated at night with your LED lights - blue for boy and red/pink for a girl!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.