Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!

I can only picture the Heinz Ketchup commercial with the song "Anticipation". Incidentally, Carly Simon wrote that song about waiting for her first date with Cat Stevens.

Very exciting!!

So where are the pics then???

Haha! I knew someone was going to call me out on that! Here is their early progress. The head guy called this their scratch coat. Interestingly, they were using a huge blowtorch in some of the sides of my benches. I'm not sure why, but it is cooler today, I and wonder if it helps the pebble/plaster stay on the walls better.

Sorry if the resolution isn't that great. These were taken on my older iPad because it's easier to upload them that way. I have more on the good camera, but I didn't want to make you wait! ;-). The base color is a bluish grey.

Oh yeah!! It IS happening!

LOL on taking the easy to up load pictures because you KNOW us so well!

Kim
:) At the end I'll post some pictures from the better camera, but as we go, these will have to do...

My kids came out to take a closer look when they were hand-casting the extra abalone, and the head guy let them throw some in. Here's a picture before they troweled over it, and a handful of shells that my older daughter saved for her little sister to throw in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yea! It's happening! So sweet her saving some for her sister. It will be so neat for them to be able to feel like they helped with the pool and in such a visible spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was sweet too... There was such a scramble among the bigger kids to get to throw some in from the bag that all of a sudden they were gone. So she scraped up the stray shells that had fallen on the decking to give to her sister. I don't know if that makes her more or less thoughtful, but it was sweet nonetheless.

I'd like to see closer to 8 hours with no rain after the plaster is applied. Even then there are potential risks. Ideally you'd have a very overcast day but no rain for the first 24 hours

All clear on the pebble for tomorrow morning! There should be no rain, but if there is, they will cancel. Even so, the boss said you can pebble in light rain because they end up rinsing off the plaster anyway. You just don't want heavy rain. And after it gets hard after 3 hours, any rain is ok. But the forecast looks good for tomorrow, so there should be no problems.

Stay tuned...!

I'd like to see closer to 8 hours with no rain after the plaster is applied. Even then there are potential risks. Ideally you'd have a very overcast day in the 60's-70 but no rain for the first 24 hours.

I'd like to see closer to 8 hours with no rain after the plaster is applied. Even then there are potential risks. Ideally you'd have a very overcast day but no rain for the first 24 hours

I'm praying all the rain will hold off. So far we've got the first half of your ideal situation covered. It was overcast and cool all day. Hopefully no rain will come overnight.

As promised, here are photos from the better camera. The last two were taken around 7 pm after I got home so it's being evening combined with being overcast makes them a little drab looking. I took the first one earlier this afternoon when it was a little brighter out. The abalone looks great, but because of the weather, these pictures don't give the full effect.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.