Trip to Vegas

Have fun. Will be windy and cool the next couple days. It finally warms up late this week.

I live 100 miles south --

Be safe.

Have fun. Will be windy and cool the next couple days. It finally warms up late this week.

I live 100 miles south --

Be safe.
Oh, yeah. My in-laws live in kingman. The reason for the trip is so they can meet our 3 year old. We're getting a vacay rental in Vegas. That was my condition, as I wasn't EVEN staying a week at their place.😉 One night going in, another heading out. That's all I could commit to. 🤣
It's my first time in Vegas. Looking forward to it. Going to take my 10 yr old son (who is autistic/adhd/aspergers) to see battlebots, one of his favorite shows. Planning to hike Zion/redrocks with a local friend, and see a bit of the Canyon on the way in to kingman. Heck, I might even gamble a bit! It's a vacation, right? I even brought my little smoker to do a brisket for my father-in-law, who's been talking about the last one for 6 years now. Show those desert folk how we do it in the floodplain!🤣
My wife is very excited about the recent rains, being from the high desert in Cali. She's hoping to see the bloom in person if it hasn't all dried up by now.

the hangover things GIF

Will be windy and cool
I don't believe this quite summed up the experience.🤣
I watched trucks getting blown off the road onto the shoulder, back tires on one side lifting a foot off the ground. I drove through 3 sandstorms (or 3 parts of the same sandstorm) and a blizzard that limited visibility to a few car lengths. It snowed balls, literally, pea-sized and smaller snowballs falling and blowing around. And my truck was attacked by a tumbleweed monster nearly its' size.
But we made Kingman, having to cancel our side trip to the big gully due to weather and live video of the long lines at the gate.

Reactions: mknauss and Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.