Sub Freezing temps in Vegas this weekend - how to handle with pool?

JenniferMarie90

Feb 16, 2021
Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Hey everyone. Not sure if this is the correct location to ask this. I never drain my pool living here in Vegas but I received an alert about temps in the low 30s. Is there anything I should be doing today to prepare for this? Have only had pool for 3 years and usually just keep the water in and moving year round.

Thank you so much

Freeze warning appears to be from 2am to 8am, although some forecasts show temps well above freezing. 6 hrs is not really long enough to cause any issues for most setups:

The most vulnerable plumbing would be any pipe smaller than 1.5" such as a pressure side pool cleaner.

If you want to be extra cautious, just run your VS pump at a low RPM with all water feature valves open.

Reactions: JenniferMarie90
Freeze warning appears to be from 2am to 8am, although some forecasts show temps well above freezing. 6 hrs is not really long enough to cause any issues for most setups:

The most vulnerable plumbing would be any pipe smaller than 1.5" such as a pressure side pool cleaner.

If you want to be extra cautious, just run your VS pump at a low RPM with all water feature valves open.
thats what I was contemplating, running it all night with water features open. thanks for the input!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.