Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi gang,

My Aqualogic main board stopped working. Bought it brand new Sept and it died in Feb. It has a one year warranty so I am trying to get that resolved.

BUT I am over the stupid thing and have decided to change my automation system to a Pentair Intellicenter i8PS with the new IC40 salt system. I have a Pentair filter and variable speed pump. At least they all will be able to talk to each other.

I just wanted to check with the gang here if moving over to a Pentair system is going to be a good idea or more headaches??

Thanks in advance!

What model Pentair VS pump do you have?

Pentair IntelliCenter has its own set of quirks. Aqualogic is just a 20+ year old design. Hayward has a modern system with the OmniPL which is as good as the IntelliCnter in reliability.

You have a Pentair Vs pump but a Hayward SWG. If you get the IntelliCenter you would need to get an Aquarite control panel to control your Hayward cell which the IntelliCenter can control. Read Pentair Automation Systems - Further Reading Or if your cell if fairly old replace it with an IntelliChlor system.

Pentair gives a good deal on the IntelliCenter bundle with the panel with an integrated SWG power center, IC40 cell, and two Intellivalves.

Here is my thread from when I replaced an Aqualink with my IntelliCenter...

Reactions: Newdude
The Hayward VS pump is a 011018 pump intelliflo vrble spd 2013. I am getting the Pentair IntelliCenter 8PSIC40 Pool and Spa Bundle Control System with Integrated Chlorine Generator. My current Hayward salt cell is on it's last leg (6 years old). So good timing to replace the unit.

I guess all automated systems have their quirks. I image that they must be better than the on going headaches I have had with the Hayward systems over 6 years now. I just wanted to be sure I was not trading one problem for another one. At least most of the equipment will be able to talk to each other.

Attachments

• IMG_3145.jpeg
    IMG_3145.jpeg
    300.7 KB · Views: 3