SWG or something else?

Throw the test strips away - they are inaccurate.
If you can't determine whether the CYA is 50 or 60 from the K-2006 test, use CYA 60.

I think one of the recommendations above is to tell if your salt cell is working to do an overnight gain test. Measure at dusk and in morning with salt cell on and see how much FC has been added. If you really want to….

I think one of the recommendations above is to tell if your salt cell is working to do an overnight gain test. Measure at dusk and in morning with salt cell on and see how much FC has been added. If you really want to….
Tonight going to do one more OCLT and, if satisfactory, tomorrow evening will do gain test. Just not sure what gain to expect as far as ppm of FC. I am assuming any gain is confirmatory of functioning cell

Reactions: Mdragger88
Tonight going to do one more OCLT and, if satisfactory, tomorrow evening will do gain test. Just not sure what gain to expect as far as ppm of FC. I am assuming any gain is confirmatory of functioning cell
That swg cell is at max capable of producing 0.2 fc/hour in your pool or 5ppm in 24 hours
IMG_6308.png

@Serge1978 I'm new here, but with your self-announced OCD, I would encourage you to stop using the test strips as a reference and use only the test kit. The test strips have so many variables that have to be controlled the results are unreliable. For instance, holding the test strip vertical for 1 second too long past the instructions could impact the test results. Test strips require the test to be conducted in the exact same manner and conditions each time, or the results will be compromised. That should cause you pause. The test kits give you some room for error without impacting the end result.

You can not use two different testing methods and compare results across the two. The test strips are known to be unreliable. We are all here to help but you but we need you to be consistent.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Well, i think i might have killed whatever was making my demand high
Yesterday, after 8 gal bleach and 22-24ppm in the afternoon , i was down to 3 by 8:30 pm for my OCLT. Today, after i cleaned filthy filter and cartridges, 10 gal bleach before noon and another brushing, level 26ppm in the afternoon and still 18 at 8:30pm. Direct sunlight all day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
PoolMath is well worth the 7$ especially if you like tracking history of all the variables not only chemicals but maintenance, freeform notes, pressures etc. someone put a lot of thought into that app…

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
Alright!
Tonight you can do the overnight gain test.
After dark- Test fc, set swg to 100%, ensure that the pump& swg run all night. In the am before sunrise test fc again.
rain tonight into tomorrow. plus FC was still 17.5 early this am. with rain I am never sure I get a good sample. I will wait till tomorrow night, or even Sunday ....all rain water to equilibrate andFC to come down a bit before I turn on the cell. Thanks for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.