Reset Button on Intellicenter (10 Seconds)

CoolPool131

Jan 16, 2020
Melbourne, FL
Anyone know what the Reset button does on the panel if you hold for 10 Seconds?
I know if you press for 1 or 2 seconds the panel LED screen will reboot.
Trying to troubleshoot an issue and ran across other posts that pressing for 10 seconds fixed the issue but I don't want it to be blowing settings away.
Thanks.

Attachments

• ResetButton.png
    ResetButton.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 2
Maybe update the Firmware.

When I had that message I was able to get the wireless working by pressing the reset button on panel for 10 seconds and afterwards it worked.

Attachments

• IntelliCenter_Quick_Ref_Guide.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IntelliCenter-Trouble-Shooting-Guide.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

1705341906486.png

I think you are seeing why Pentair dumped the Engenus box for their 900Mhz Wireless link.

Power cycling the IntelliCenter, waiting a few minutes off, works much better to reset the WiFi. Power cycling resets the Engenus box as well as the IntelliCenter and it seems to need a certain startup sequence to establish communication. If you try and rest things in other ways you mess up the sequence.

Is your Engenus getting its power from the 14V socket on the IntelliCenter board?

I have also found you have to be patient and give the box quite a few minutes to establish the WiFi connection.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think you are seeing why Pentair dumped the Engenus box for their 900Mhz Wireless link.

Power cycling the IntelliCenter, waiting a few minutes off, works much better to reset the WiFi. Power cycling resets the Engenus box as well as the IntelliCenter and it seems to need a certain startup sequence to establish communication. If you try and rest things in other ways you mess up the sequence.

Is your Engenus getting its power from the 14V socket on the IntelliCenter board?

I have also found you have to be patient and give the box quite a few minutes to establish the WiFi connection.

Yes, Engenius does take time to reboot and the counter displays on the panel. It's connected to the panel via POE. I can also yank it off quickly and check the back lights for PWR, lan1 (POE), wlan. They are all on after about 86% passes. I think one of the issues is I'm seeing no bars on the connections that come up in the list but not sure...I've had this in the past and it still connected and has been connected till a few days ago. So I just created a new 2.4G network with no numbers and simple letter only password on the Ruckus. The Intellicenter is right out one of the windows only about 20-30 feet way. Opened the window. Wireless network was shown with a measly 1bar. Connecting still failed. Strange thing though in the Client list I still see and entry for Pentair for IP Address 77.80.11.10. I'm going to delete the client and try again.

So after deleting the client, the Client list put the IP 77 Address back in there. Still not working though.

What is the DHCP IP range for your home network?

An IP of 77.XXX does not sound right.

What is the DHCP IP range for your home network?

An IP of 77.XXX does not sound right.
Correct. That IP is showing on the Ruckus AP. Spectrum main router is 192.1.168.2 to 254. Seems to be getting to the AP though but not resolving into 1 192 address like all the other connections on the 5G network.
The Spectrum router is a little farther away (not much though, my phone can connect to it outside with 2 bars). We have a 2G and 5G setup on this also for backup purposes. Same results if we try to connect to the Spectrum Router 2G network.

That says DHCP is failing in the IntelliCenter server or the Engenus box to get a valid IP address from your router.

Can you somehow run a long cat5 cable from the IntelliCenter RJ45 jack on the board and plug into your network as a test to eliminate the IC board?

That says DHCP is failing in the IntelliCenter server or the Engenus box to get a valid IP address from your router.

Can you somehow run a long cat5 cable from the IntelliCenter RJ45 jack on the board and plug into your network as a test to eliminate the IC board?
I thought of the cable thing before but don't have one that long. I remember something about special characters in the SSID on some previous posts before but the RUCKUS did NOT have them in the 2G Network SSID Name. The Spectrum did however when I tested it. I changed the Spectrum Router 2G SSID and removed the dash. I got no signal on the Pentair Panel but it connects now to the Spectrum Router. The Phone App is now working, all good.

So I'm not sure why the Ruckus AP -> connected to the Ruckus 510 -> connected to the Spectrum Router is not resolving anymore out of the blue.
Almost like something is being blocked somewhere. I remember when we first brought the pool up 4 years ago, we could never connect to the Pentair Portal because Spectrum was blocking it. The Pentair techs had to work with Spectrum to get it to work. I still may call Pentair tomorrow when they open. Thanks!

Get the 900Mhz Wirless link and you bypass all the WIFI complexities. I started with the Engenus WiFi link and it was flaky enough that I changed to the Wireless Link. The Wireless link is more stable but Pentair has a few bugs in the IntelliCenter when power quickly glitches.

Get the 900Mhz Wirless link and you bypass all the WIFI complexities. I started with the Engenus WiFi link and it was flaky enough that I changed to the Wireless Link. The Wireless link is more stable but Pentair has a few bugs in the IntelliCenter when power quickly glitches.

Does look like a better option and released after we got our pool up and running. They should give it to me free 😃or at least a discount!
I'll see how this runs on the Spectrum 2G before without going through the AP for now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.