Reccos needed on best pool automation system for new build

Rossterman

Jun 5, 2016
Martinez, CA
I did an owner/builder a pool in 2004 using a complete Jandy system at the time and sadly they seem to be shunning DIY customers these days so I’m not recommending them any further.

My daughter and SIL are now starting a owner/builder but since much has changed since back then I’m out of the loop on what automation system package (including pumps, SWG, etc) seems to be favored these days. Any ideas as to guidance on what to look at as want something well designed and reliable. Also any that provide good out of warranty support for those that do they’re own work? Finally, it it still the practice in the industy if you buy everything from one mfg they’ll extend the warranty to 3 years?

thanks!

Pentair IntelliCenter automation with IntelliFo pump, IntelliChlor SWG, and MasterTemp or UltraTemp heater is as good as you can get.

Read the Pentair warranty on what a DIY needs to do for professional installation to qualify for the 3 year warranty on a product bundle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.