Pre pool opening (white water mold)

I have 2 chlorinators ( no longer using either) since have switched to liquid

one frog that the mineral cartridge normally goes in along with a sleeve of chlorine tabs … a second chlorinator was installed at Same time because apparently the frog bac pacs (chlorine) were scarce at the time (and outrageously expensive) and builder wanted be sure we had a back up plan.

I think I know the answer , but to double check …. It’s fine that the water passes through these as long as no ch tabs, correct? Also I should NOT use the “mineral” cartridge ?

Thx!!
BPM

Give it a full 24 hours mixing. The CYA, CH and salt had months to strayify and might bite you if you test them too early.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’m embarrassed to say I’ve never vac this pool with the actual pool vac. I have a pool blaster that I manual vac with daily (during season). I watched some vids so I think I got it … just confused on waste or which setting ?
Thinking I don’t want to run through the filter but also do not want to dump water that I’m trying to shock ?

just confused on waste or which setting ?
If you can brush any to one spot, then vac to waste that area and it'll be quick. For the whole pool, vac through the filter and backwash it when need be.
I was expecting to see the cc higher ?
It fluctuates. Brushing/vacuuming may stir a bunch up.

I was just reading another thread discussing filter/ recirculate setting on the filter durning slam ….. mine is on filter (stays there other when I backwash/rinse)

and does pump speed factor in? Mine is programmed on 3 speeds but I can override if running the highest rpm overnight is helpful

I was just reading another thread discussing filter/ recirculate setting on the filter durning slam
Maybe they had a specific to them reason why it was necessary. I have a love/hate relationship with old threads for that reason. Too many people find them and don't understand why that OP has different parameters than them. Maybe not the case today, but totally could be the case.

and does pump speed factor in?
I like low and slow. More RPM means more volume through the filter, but it also means more mixing. If it's too stirred up, you'll never get it all IMO.

Reactions: Badpoolmom
And since I’m new to the vac …. Pump speed there ? I believe setting 3 is abt 3000 , 2 is 2200 , not sure abt 1 but very low . It runs on one 1 for like 4 hours over night

Which vac head do you have ? I have the triangle brush one and it sticks to the floor with too much flow. No two systems are the same and all but it likes 1750 to 1850 RPMs. I'm not totally sure about the rectangle head with wheels. I only used one a couple times and it was with a single speed pump so there was no choice.

Do you have the arrow keys on your pump ? You can adjust the RPMs in increments of 5 RPM if so, dialing in the sweet spot for the vac. I set mine to one of the preset speeds for easy cleaning.

I have the triangle type. Great to know about the arrows ! Basically I’m afraid to touch anything but the start/stop button 😂
I intend to vacuum starting tomorrow

So far with slam …. I’ve tested in 2 hour intervals
after my first addition of 307 oz LC
(Cya 60, fc 0 in a 10k gal pool)
fc was abt 5
Two hours later also an increase .
Two hours Another Increase
Total of 4 “doses” fc was 22 if I minus the cc so added tonights final dose-
1 quart per PM
I haven’t hit my slam level yet but also haven’t had any loss between tests

Unfortunately my schedule doesn’t allow for 2 hour intervals until the afternoon, but I will test and add first thing in the morning . Once I reach 24 (my slam target ) I’m supposed to hold it until oclt 1 ppm or less ?

Great to know about the arrows !
Left and right should select which digit you're changing...... 1234...... and up/down raises or lowers that digit. 1000, 2000, 3000. Or 1100, 1200, 1300. Or 1350, 1360, 1370....... etc etc

When you're done, go back to your preset.

Unfortunately my schedule doesn’t allow for 2 hour intervals until the afternoon,
We all have life in the way. We get it. Do the best you can. Weekends help alot. Go right until bedtime and by Monday it'll be holding 8 to 12 hours on its own.
Total of 4 “doses” fc was 22 if I minus the cc so added tonights final dose-
Just test FC until the water is clear Whether the CC is 1, 5, or 0, the SLAM continues.

With clear water with no traces of the crud anywhere, then proceed to OCLT and check CCs.

I haven’t hit my slam level yet but also haven’t had any loss between tests
This I don't understand. Please explain further.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support