Post what your pool cost you to build...

Very clean lines...
Thanks Ctrav! Husband designed the layout of the pool and spa... I did the water feature and picked the finish and tiles... Now if we can only figure out what to do with the rest of the yard...

- - - Updated - - -

Not done yet but we're close to $150k for everything in our yard transformation.

19x34 IG gunite, flush spa, pebble sheen, firepit, 1500 sq ft pavers, 700 yards fill, 300 yards loam, irrigation, 300 ft fence, tree clearing, jandy aqualink, about 16k in finish landscaping, propane install, surveying, oh and ledge hammering.

Welcome to New England.
Would love to see pics when your project is finished!

- - - Updated - - -

$34K in Bakersfield, Ca. with everything in the sig. Built by a coworker that does pools on the side. I did have to pay an extra $1,500 for the dig due to my narrow side entry. That doesn’t include the $1,400 for the pool fence so I guess $36K.
7ddf5a4fab07920c86496b3a7cc40579.heic

Bakersfield, Ca Gunite Build
Love this!

$50k, inground 18x 36 vinyl modified kidney shape in 2008. Included everything except the landscaping, including 15k for blasting the ledge.

We start next month, so I don't know actual costs. However, our contract is for $40,300 for a 18x35x29 lagoon Gold Pebble Latham vinyl (3-6') with upgrade to gray steps, swg, heat pump, robot vacuum, and cantilever concrete coping around the entire pool (650sqft concrete). We already have a huge brick patio w/ leftover brick to tie it into the concrete around the pool. Hubby will be doing the brick up to the concrete pad. We bought a cedar pavilion and plan to be adding aluminum fence (hubby again) for hopefully within our $45k budget. Landscaping will be done next spring b/c it is too darn hot to plant anything in Louisiana this time of year, so not included in pool budget. We like to diy everything. I had to talk my husband OUT of doing the pool install himself. LOL! He's doing the electrical himself (electrician) and will be building things like the pavilion and privacy screen for the equipment himself as well.

I would say whatever the pool company quotes you, double it and you will be almost 100% accurate! LOL
With my pool construction, the whole backyard was ripped to shreds. We removed some landscaping, added some new landscaping, had to create massive drainage for township approval, etc. Hauled back there over 47.5 tons of crushed and red stone. By the time you are done with all this and the new fence, about $72,000. Then you add furniture for $8,000 and 3 years later a heater and SWG system, which was another $6,000. In total $86,000.

Luckily this is all paid for. The most important part of this whole saga is the drainage. Each time it rains, I look back there and there is no standing water anywhere. The drain (French, with a pit) runs 80' long. The engineer calculated that 10,000 gallons of water can be retained on the property (In the drain that is 1' deep to start and 4' deep at the end behind the shed), and it will drain in about 24 hours through the pit. The Pit is full of sandy soil. The property is 162' (ASL) above sea level.

Below is the "As Built Survey". The green is grass, the red is all stone. The concrete is stamped beige (kind of) and deck went from gray to burgundy as I painted it. Ironically, the land surveyor/engineer still did everything by hand instead of the CAD system.

2018_07_12_12_39_39.jpg

Reactions: inatae
I was very interested in this thread since I was starting the quote process in Austin TX. Getting four quotes, already received 3 of them - $77.5K through $83K for in ground pools, around 17'x30' (square feet ranged form 376 to 433 to 530) pool and each a 7' round spa. Decking from 322 to 400 sq ft. Some step down with about 24" of yard grade, one kept existing patio height throughout (pool sticks out of ground in rear). One with in floor and two pumps, one with A&A in floor but one pump, one with a robot. One limestone, one flagstone, one travertine. 2 are Pentair heavy, one with Jandy Pump, Raypak heater, and Hayward lights.

So many variables yet the costs fell within $5.5K of each other, the remaining quote I think may be the highest yet. It's a tough, tough decision!

Starting excavation on a 161 perimeter OB in the next week. Of 6 pool builders only 3 were willing and 1 of the three wouldn’t do the excavation because it’s too “tricky” and time consuming. The other two were astronomically high priced so we are doing it ourselves. Looks like around $90k so far. More if I keep adding. We are in Central California

Mine will come in somewhere around 33k, very simple rectangular 16' x 32', 6' of decking on the 2 long sides, 4' of decking on the entry side and 9' on the stair side plus a 56' long sidewalk to get from the Pergola on the back porch to the pool area.
Vinyl lined pool 3.5' deep to 5' deep no diving boards no jumping rocks, no spa. Pentair equipment, Easy Touch, vs pump, cartridge filter, SWCG, Auto fill/Discharge, 3' x 5' equipment pad and quite a bit of dirt work to reroute the drainage in the yard.
Fence and Loop Loc cover will come after the pool is finished and is not included in the price above.
Pool will be ordered on Monday, not ready for the yard to be destroyed but ready for the finished product to be usable next season.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Starting excavation on a 161 perimeter OB in the next week. Of 6 pool builders only 3 were willing and 1 of the three wouldn’t do the excavation because it’s too “tricky” and time consuming. The other two were astronomically high priced so we are doing it ourselves. Looks like around $90k so far. More if I keep adding. We are in Central California

Abmabmabm looking forward to hearing more about your build, you should post up a thread documenting the progress.

Did you build your pool or go with a builder?

Hi Nicheel… sorry, just saw this... We went with a small PB. We have really great equipment and a nice looking pool, but we're really disappointed with how our build went. We're now looking to finish the rest of the yard and we've been working with a local company in Goodyear - off the 303 and W Indian School. They do pools, too... they did my neighbor's yard and they do great work.
PM me if you want the details.

Since you are in TX, try Amplify Credit Union based in Austin, TX. I got a pretty good rate from them 3 months ago. 4.25% fixed for 15 year loan.

HEy @gocubs418! I'm interested in some financing tips! Got approved very quickly through one lender fixed but at 10.99 with superb credit. needless to say it's not very likely that we will ue their services.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.