Pool Store scam or truth?

20150616_130412_zpszoo2coph.jpg

Remember, even if it does take a couple of weeks, by maintaining proper FC for your CYA you will never have to SLAM again. Patience will pay off, we have seen it many many times!

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had perfectly clear water once with high CC's (~2.5ppm) and an overnight loss of 3ppm and it took 3 days to bring back to normal operating conditions. So 2 days for a green pool is just the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The process works! Don't give up and encourage your landlord that it will be beautiful when you are done! Maybe you should show her some pictures of a start to finish SLAM.

Are you checking FC every 1-2 hours and keeping it at Shock level? The more often you can test and MAINTAIN the shock level the more quickly the process will go. But even then, it's not quick like we want it to be. You have to have POP "pool owner patience".

It is so worth it. Take our word for it.

Here is a link to my SLAM with pictures.

Not Sure Where to Start - Or What We Are Doing Wrong

The key to the whole process is 'Maintain'. You have to keep the FC at or above shock level to gain ground. Think of it as a war. Your troops are bleach, and when you're at shock level you have more troops than the enemy (algae). Each of your soldiers, however, are on a suicide mission: once they kill an enemy soldier, they can't kill any more. You need to keep adding troops to replace the dead ones. Frequent testing and dosing will make the process go as fast as possible, though there are too many variables to give an accurate time table.

Be sure to brush regularly. Also if you can be around to babysit the filter, try skimmer socks (knee high panty hose, cheap 99 cent ones). They help clear out the gunk. You just have to be there to check on them so they don't clog up.

Do you have the pump running 24/7?

You can use knee high women's stockings as skimmer socks it will filter a lot of the gunk. But, you have to change and rinse them frequently or it will clog and starve the pump. But it will speed up the process of removing dead algae.

Be sure to brush regularly. Also if you can be around to babysit the filter, try skimmer socks (knee high panty hose, cheap 99 cent ones). They help clear out the gunk. You just have to be there to check on them so they don't clog up.

Do you have the pump running 24/7?

Thanks po and chief! I was actully going to ask next if a scum bag was recommended! and yes the filer has been running 24/7 since the first chlorination.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.