Pearland Fall/ Winter Build

I have a question, some of my coping has a hair line crack but some of the crack almost looks like a it runs the depth all the way through.
Will this cause long term issues I don't mind the way it looks but I don't want future problems.

Thanks

Here are a few pictures I will take some more.

I did speak with the pool builder and told me not to worry about it but when I looked closer I noticed the crack appears to run the length of the coping this was here at installation and I am trying to determine if I want to make a big deal by with holding the final check until it is fixed.

We should be doing pool school and final check off on the project this week but I have a few items that will need to be addressed and I wondering if this should be on the list.

I really don't mind the look of the coping but I do not want a long term problem. To get it corrected will be a big argument with the builder and I am guess a lot of work.

Thanks on the complements on the water color and the pool we are really happy with the over all pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well I tested my CYA today before I added my CYA and it was 100. My Pool builder had put in Liquid CYA about three weeks ago and did not tell me. I am glad I tested. He also say he like to keep his pool that high and then begins to lecture me on what CYA is and the fact that you get it form pucks and some people keep have CYA in the 150 range.

I just bite my tongue and bide my time. I also added some Muriatic Acid to lower you my pH.

I am adjusting the SWG run time to get the FC up to 9.

And MY CH is low about 130 the one time it tested above that may have been a testing error.

The PB has subcontractors who are experts. The subs can and will fix those tiles easily. You might be amazed at what the subs can quickly do, that we cannot. Of course, neither the PB nor the subs want extra cost. You just have to be adamant. I would def have them fix the cracked tiles. And then everyone is happy. Sort of like it's your responsibility to speak up. If nothing else, for the next customer.

Yeah, If it was not for TFP I would not care what my CYA was. In fact I would probably happier with my PB now and not so happy later.
But it just goes to show you should never assume anything and always test and calculate before you add chemicals to your pool.

I guess that over the next month or two we will get enough rain to lower the CYA to the right level or I may have to do a small drain I really do not want to drain the pool as soon as the build is complete.

I think one of the PB's biggest errors is that he gives to much credit to the rains ability to change water chemistry.

Thanks

Steve

A little off topic, but Suz's idea above of setting a phone alarm (or any alarm) to remind you to turn off fill water is golden. Saved me twice since, and now I am not hesitant to keep water level up to par on any day of the week. Why didn't I think of that?!

Well I am officially finished. I passed my last inspection.

A heads up of future Pearland builders the latch on your fence has to be in the top quarter of your fence that means if you have 4ft fence the latch has to be 3 ft high and if you have a 6ft fence the latch has to be 4' 6" high. This may be normal but it caught us by surprise.

I was given an interesting piece of advice in order to keep mineral build up off of the tile use rain-X or mineral oil on them so the water will not stick and dry leaving mineral deposits. Has anybody ever heard of this?

My CH is still in the 150 range (the one test that read higher must have been bad testing). The PB water chemistry guy said not to add calcium so I haven't but being over a month since our plaster and 200 points low is this a problem.

As for the overfill the only way to turn it off is to close the water valve feeding it. I may do this and then do a leak check.

I have another question I have noticed the longer I run my SPA the lower the level get as it dropped about 6" over a 1.5 hours. I know some was when people got in the displaced the water over the edge and then when they got out the water went down and I know I had evaporation. But those that seem right for the evaporation?

Thanks
Steve

When doing the test just GLANCE in to see the dot. If you stare hard enough you will end up seeing it LOL

I have to add CYA every year. In fact that is a "job" for this weekend to get ready for the hotter temps. We are past warm here :roll:

It is VERY normal as the rain does not have any CYA so your are draining and adding water or the rain is doing it for you. If you have high CH it will help with that as well.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.