Houston TX pool

Af-lumb

Sep 5, 2023
Houston TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Well after talking to a couple different designers/builders we finally settled on one we liked and there price was in the middle of the other 2. With that we wanted a pool that fit the size of the house and the space we had. so a 40X18X9 was the final design.

Attachments

• Jones REV2_003.jpg
    Jones REV2_003.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 95
  • pool rebar.jpg
    pool rebar.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 97
here is the equipment list. which i am looking to add the following:
Pentair ChemCheck
Pentair IntelliChlor SCG
Pentair Intelliph Controller

Attachments

• Inkedequipment listedited.jpg
    Inkedequipment listedited.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Current state as of Sat. hoping to have more work done this week

Attachments

• gunit.jpg
    gunit.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 50
  • gunit2.jpg
    gunit2.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 47
  • gunit3.jpg
    gunit3.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 50
  • gunit4.jpg
    gunit4.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 51
On your list 3 items need to be changed. Get rid of the inline chlorine feeder and change the Easytouch to "WITH SALT" option. Make sure you get a SWCG for 2X the gallon capacity of the pool at minimum. I would up the filter to the next larger 520 size.

Last edited:
Would not mess with an easytouch anymore. Has been discontinued. Install Intellicenter with SwCG. No need for Chemcheck.

On your list 3 items need to be changed. Get rid of the inline chlorine feeder and change the Easytouch to "WITH SALT" option. Make sure you get a SWCG for 2X the gallon capacity of the pool at minimum. I would up the filter to the next larger 520 size.
thanks for the advice. reached out to my pm and let him know i wanted to change some things. good thing since they where getting the rest of the equipment today.
Would not mess with an easytouch anymore. Has been discontinued. Install Intellicenter with SwCG. No need for Chemcheck.
thanks for the input on the chemcheck. saves me come money on that

Pentair ChemCheck
Pentair Intelliph Controller
Don't need either.

Pentair IntelliChlor SCG
Get the IC60.

Your VSP (011056) is good, but the newest model (IntelliFlo3 011075) would be preferable. Don't need/want the test strips or tab feeder. Get IntelliCenter with the built in SWCG transformer. I'd also upsize the filter to 520. Have them install an external bypass for the heater. No ball valves whatsoever, only Jandy/Pentair diverter valves.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Don't need either.

Get the IC60.

Your VSP (011056) is good, but the newest model (IntelliFlo3 011075) which would be preferable. Don't need/want the test strips or tab feeder. Get IntelliCenter with the built in SWCG transformer. I'd also upsize the filter to 520. Have them install an external bypass for the heater. No ball valves whatsoever, only Jandy/Pentair diverter valves.
thanks for the input i will be getting the 520 filter and waiting to hear back about the IntelliCenter with SWCG. and looking at getting the diverter valves. have any insight where the best place is to get them

Well after going back and forth with the builder, we finally have the equipment placed. Aslo all the electrical was completed, plumbing and today they ran the propan to the heater. of course they hit some of the sprinkler lines that inow have to fix. not a big deal since they where being covered by the rest of the decking thats getting installed.

- Got the 520 filter
- IntelliCenter with SWCG
- builder kept the inline chlorine feeder (they insisted)

Attachments

• IMG_7571.jpg
    IMG_7571.jpg
    767.9 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: kimkats
- Got the 520 filter
- IntelliCenter with SWCG
Excellent. You'll be very happy with both of those.

- builder kept the inline chlorine feeder (they insisted)
Why? It's your pool, your money, and your decision. At least they put unions on it so you can remove it easily.

Can you post some more photos of the equipment pad? It doesn't look like they installed a heater bypass. It also looks like the electrical outlet cover on the side of the IntelliCenter might be installed upside down, but it's hard to tell for sure from the photo.

What's your plan for the downspout behind the equipment pad?

Reactions: HermanTX
Excellent. You'll be very happy with both of those.

Why? It's your pool, your money, and your decision. At least they put unions on it so you can remove it easily.

Can you post some more photos of the equipment pad? It doesn't look like they installed a heater bypass. It also looks like the electrical outlet cover on the side of the IntelliCenter might be installed upside down, but it's hard to tell for sure from the photo.

What's your plan for the downspout behind the equipment pad?
Honestly his argument about temps affecting the efficiency of the SWCG and to be honest the cost was hardly nothing for it as an additional option.
The outlet is correct. I was looking at it the other day. I’m ll look and make sure they have the heater bypass installed which I know I told them to do. They still have some final work on the pad but that was most of it.
I’ll get some more pics next week.

I’m going to run an extension past the pad. I also have cap the sprinklers behind it. The end plan is to rock the entire area around the pad and back to the deck they are pouring

Supposed to have the tile and coping done this week and they have to wait till next Thursday to pour the ready of the concrete so I can repair the sprinkler system.

Honestly his argument about temps affecting the efficiency of the SWCG
The IntelliChlor SWCGs function until the water temperature is 52° F ± 3°. When the water is that cold, FC demand is very little. Last winter, I used less than two gallons of LC in my pool for the entire season. Just manually dose with LC a few times during the winter to meet the FC need.

the cost was hardly nothing for it as an additional option.
If your pump is off, the tab feeder acidic "juice" can damage your very expensive SWCG and heater. It's not worth taking the risk. If you ever wanted to judiciously use trichlor tabs, use a simple floater.

Reactions: HermanTX
The IntelliChlor SWCGs function until the water temperature is 52° F ± 3°. When the water is that cold, FC demand is very little. Last winter, I used less than two gallons of LC in my pool for the entire season. Just manually dose with LC a few times during the winter to meet the FC need.

If your pump is off, the tab feeder acidic "juice" can damage your very expensive SWCG and heater. It's not worth taking the risk. If you ever wanted to judiciously use trichlor tabs, use a simple floater.
thanks for the insight on that. you asked in a previous post for more pictures of the pad/equipment. the outlet is correct. and hopefuly the others give you an idea of the plumbing

Attachments

• IMG_7614.jpg
    IMG_7614.jpg
    848.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7613.jpg
    IMG_7613.jpg
    552.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7615.jpg
    IMG_7615.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 32
well been a while since we had a real upadate on the pool. But since then the propane has been ran to the equipment pad. And of course they guys hit my sprinkler system that was running the lenght of the house. you would think they would have moved over but nope. just ran down the lines. which part of the deal any sprinkler system damage would not be covered. Of course I had to fix it the day we where flying to NC. Got most of it done but since coming back home discovered quiet a few more sections hit and had to cap a couple more sprinklers.

IMG_7617.jpg

Also the tile guys showed up an got that all knocked out. The wife wanted all the tile line tile a specific way and of course that didnt happen. But she is fine with it (i will never live it down cause of course its my fault) but the tile for the spa turned out amazing. we now cant wait for the quartxscape to be put in. the next step is the concert from the house to the pool and around it.
IMG_7621.jpgIMG_7616.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.