New Pool Build - Cypress, TX

Ajax_fuel_linker

Gold Supporter
Aug 14, 2023
Cypress, TX
Howdy everyone.
We want to express our heartfelt gratitude to everyone for the valuable advice and insights shared on this site. Spending time here has elevated our understanding beyond the novice level, giving us the confidence to tackle what needs to be done.” 🙌🌟

Of all of the PBs we've talked with, we found one that worked with us on the design (and still working) however their contract is a mess. Posting here with the hope you can let me know if we're missing anything that should or should not be in the contract. This project, to us, is fairly large and we find it challenging to stay on top of it all. We've tried to read as much on the forum as we can to reduce the same redundant questions and apologies if we've missed something.

Thank you in advance for your input.

1697397535990.png
1697397170500.png

Attachments

• snip_1.png
    snip_1.png
    462.3 KB · Views: 8
  • snip_2.png
    snip_2.png
    345.8 KB · Views: 9
  • snip_3.png
    snip_3.png
    420.1 KB · Views: 10
  • part numbers.pdf
    86.7 KB · Views: 13
  • general statements and warranty.pdf
    78.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Stipulations.pdf
    162.8 KB · Views: 13
I like your design. I do worry about the spa being raised as it will block the view of the pool from the covered area. How high is the spa raised?

So say the "contract" is a mess is an under statement. There are missing sentences and blank areas. It is not complete to say the least. I am hoping it just did not copy over well.

Equipment and such-I would not allow ANY ball valves. They list a couple of "good" valves (Pentair) but ALL of the valves should be the good one. A good valve is one that can be rebuilt when needed.

I await your input on the contract's condition. If that is what they sent you that is not good enough by far.

Thanks for the reply.
The spa is 12" raised.
You're correct about seeing the pool. The yard is oddly shaped so we are going to put a bar height counter under the extended roof so folks can sit there and look at the pool. Walking out of the back door, all we see is a fence 20' straight away, we have to turn to the right then walk into the patio cover just to see the pool. We are also going to replace a window with a door so people can walk out of the kitchen and into the pool area, but they can only see the pool, no place to sit really. Kind of stuck with this yard shape.

The spa is located there so people in it can see a TV on the wall under the covered patio.

The contract is complete as posted, just three sections, parts, stipulations and general statements. I can't believe people sign these things as is, it's baffling. I wish this forum had a "best practices" contract section.

Hey neighbor,

Good luck with Platinum. Have you talked to CCP?

This may be useful for you:

Hey neighbor,

Good luck with Platinum. Have you talked to CCP?

This may be useful for you:

We had a conversation with CCP, and overall, they were quite good. However, there’s one catch: they won’t provide any warranty if we opt for a saltwater (SW) pool. So, we decided to move on to the next pool builder.

We were informed that they used to have two display pools: one salt and one chlorine. Unfortunately, the salt pool fell apart, leading them to discontinue selling salt pools. When we inquired about the timeline, they mentioned it was 20 years ago. As the saying goes, ‘You can’t fix stupid,’ so it’s best not to waste our time with them. We're relieved that they have all the financial resources they need because they certainly don’t seem interested in ours.

Reactions: pjt
I hope these links help you a bit:

Construction Best Practices - Further Reading

www.troublefreepool.com
www.troublefreepool.com

Equipment Pad Best Practices - Further Reading

www.troublefreepool.com
www.troublefreepool.com

How to select pool equipment - Further Reading

www.troublefreepool.com
www.troublefreepool.com

Gunite Spas - Further Reading

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.