Opening our new to us pool for the first time! Unveil the swamp!

7:30 pm
FC 11
CC? - Maybe .5, but it didn't seem like much of a change?

Vacummed this evening - that's the only work on the pool other than testing/adding chlorine.

Thunderstorms are in the forecast for the next 3 days.
I'm going to pick up more stabilizer tomorrow - If I'm at 20 (I think it's below) it says I should add 2 lbs 4 oz. Anyone have a favorite brand? My husband picked up some little containers (1.75 lbs) from Menards before.

7:30 pm
FC 11
CC? - Maybe .5, but it didn't seem like much of a change?

Vacummed this evening - that's the only work on the pool other than testing/adding chlorine.

Thunderstorms are in the forecast for the next 3 days.
I'm going to pick up more stabilizer tomorrow - If I'm at 20 (I think it's below) it says I should add 2 lbs 4 oz. Anyone have a favorite brand? My husband picked up some little containers (1.75 lbs) from Menards before.
Any as long as it's Cya (cyanuric acid) 95% and up your good.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Go low and slow. Easier to add than to remove. You can put it in a sock inside a bucket full of water. Let it sit for a little while then start squeezing it to get it to dissolve faster. Once it is all dissolved pour the bucket full of water and dissolved CYA into the pool with the pump running and brush it real good to help mix it all up.

Doing it the bucket way is much easier on your back and knees. You just sit in a chair and enjoy the world around you.

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
3:40 pm

FC 12
CC .5

I think I over shot last time on the chlorine. My kids started asking me questions when I was measuring it out, and I think I miscounted.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been through 14 gallons of chlorine so far. I only have 2 gallons left. Time to buy more! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.