New pool build with contemporary grotto

Why are there 3 return lines for the water feature?

full

full

It might work with the single speed WhisperFlo, but it will probably be noisy and the water will probably seem weak.

I would try it first to see how well it works before asking for a different pump.

If the lines are 2", that puts

Plumbing head: 7.8 x 2 = 15.6 ft.
Static head: 6 ft.
Fixture head: 6 ft.
Total head = 27.6 feet.

Most likely, the WhisperFlo will do about 75 GPM, so it might work OK.

A water feature pump or Intelliflo with 2.5" lines would be able to run at 1725 rpm vs. 3450 rpm which is a lot quieter and it uses less power.

An IntelliFlo would also allow you to adjust the flow, which is nice to get the exact effect you want.

1676396207737.png

1676396515849.png

Thanks for the replies. Got the pool up and running and have been brushing it daily. Leaving the pool pump and robot cleaner on 24/7 to help get some of the plaster dust.

As far as the lines for the grotto rainfall pump, it is plumbed in a loop as well as a discharge back into the pool. I guess another way to control the amount of flow to the rainfall descent without a variable speed pump.20230214_215704.jpg

Thanks for the replies. Got the pool up and running and have been brushing it daily. Leaving the pool pump and robot cleaner on 24/7 to help get some of the plaster dust.
Looks Great!! Show us some wider shots of whole pool. Enjoy it!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes we are happy with the rain descent, that's what we were expecting going into it.

Waterfall pump is louder than the VS Pump but not too loud. The sound of the rainfall is much louder than the pump itself.

Spray decking completed today, to be painted Still. Some palms to be planted tomorrow.
20230216_185953.jpg

• Love
Reactions: kimkats and Newdude
Trees installed today and decking to be painted as well
Sorry to be negative - but you will hate those palms so close to your pool when the seed pods fall off. They make a mess. I had 3 trees - planted by a previous owner, and I cut them down. When they are young (and small) they are somewhat manageable but as they grow it becomes a real mess.

Sorry to be negative - but you will hate those palms so close to your pool when the seed pods fall off. They make a mess. I had 3 trees - planted by a previous owner, and I cut them down. When they are young (and small) they are somewhat manageable but as they grow it becomes a real mess.

I like the palms too much and the added privacy from the golf course I will deal with the seeds if it becomes an issue but duly noted.

Reactions: HermanTX
Nice palms. We want to get some palms with our new build but scared another freeze here in San Antonio will kill them off.

The kind I got, pindo palm and canary island date palm, are both very cold/freeze tolerant. May suffer some frond damage during hard freezes but they should bounce back. May want to look into them, both are very slow growers though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.