New pool build with contemporary grotto

20230109_183014.jpg20230109_183037.jpg

Started on tile and coping work today. Just got home and checked out the work. The pool coping on the second and third steps are ones that I just placed on there which is the polished side and shows the variation better. The coping on the edge of the pool and the first step is the unpolished side the way they set it. Did they install this upside down or is that standard and they go back and republish the tops when finished? I will ask the pool builder tomorrow but didn't catch them today as I was at work.

20230109_185032.jpg20221220_210429.jpg

Another picture for comparison. The polished side is up on the gym mats. This was the coping sample we had which has is polished. Just talked to the pool builder and they said that is the sand blasted side and is how it comes. Anyone have any thoughts?

It is next to a detached garage window. Did you have to move it due to an inspection?

Caught it pre-inspection fortunately but it was planned to sit under an office window connected to the primary living structure. Being a detached garage might exempt it but worth a question to your builder! The diagram from ajw22 would be a great talking point.

20230109_203618.jpg20230109_200625.jpg

Looks like the tiles needed a good wipe and are very dusty still. It's showing more of the detail that we were expecting. Will need to check it in the daylight tomorrow morning. Looks like parts of the tile were wet and not wiped clean when I first saw it so it was giving a not so great first impression.

Thanks for the info okpodo. Will bring it up to the builder to see if there are any concerns with the heater location.

20230112_190929.jpg20230112_190956.jpg

Tile work continues. Water line and ledgerstone tile are looking good. Talked with the pool builder, the sample coping we had was mislabeled so it is indeed a different finish. Right stone, wrong finish. Still need to determine the outcome of the coping.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Make sure to water your new decking to help it cure slower as well. I love the curved lines they for the control cuts. Whose idea was it to do it that way?

Thanks, think it came out pretty well. It was the pool builder/contractors with the idea to do it that way. Think it helps give it a little bit of a unique look.

Reactions: kimkats
Blue surf pebblesheen to be installed Friday. Is the pool typically filled immediately after plaster? Also we have the tf test kit. Would it help to test what our fill water comes in at for anything or not really needed?

Blue surf pebblesheen to be installed Friday. Is the pool typically filled immediately after plaster?
Waiting 6 hours after plaster is the best. But if you are filling with a slow hose then plasters will get the hose going immediately. Make sure the head of the hose is wrapped in a sponge or cloth and the hose does not lay on the new plaster.

Also we have the tf test kit. Would it help to test what our fill water comes in at for anything or not really needed?
Test your fill water for FC, pH, TA, and CH. it gives you some practice and let’s you see where you are starting from and what chemicals you will need.

A WhisperFlo single speed pump is not a good pump for the application (Water Feature).

I would have them replace that with a water feature pump or an IntelliFlo pump.

Where is the water feature on the Grotto?

What fixture is being used for the grotto water feature?

1676393305709.png

1676393629333.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.