New house, New-to-me pool, new adventure!

That fence looks great! Now to find a safe, out of reach of little hands place for the keys!

LOL on reusing the jugs! LOVE it! Where is that porch at? What happened to that part of the railing? It is a pretty color. Have you found the match for the paint?

Not having the CC means you are on the filter phase of the clearing. You have killed your algae for the most part. Now it is time to filter all of the dead stuff out. DE will help in this.

Pool School - Add DE to a Sand Filter

You will need to be there to baby sit the filter as each filter is so different. One filter only liked 2 tablespoons, mine likes 2.5 cups. Start with 1/4 cup and go from there.

Kim:cat:

Keys are stored in a place that only my tall 6'4" self can reach, so unless my kids sprout above me, we should be good!

Thanks for the DE recommendation, I'll read into it over lunch and at home.

Porch sits just off of concrete pad area just before pool.

Not a great picture for location but you can see the start of the decorative fence. Thought I had other pictures of the deck. It's quite large, nearly takes up the entire length of the house and is about 15' wide. Great for entertainment! [emoji16]
2c41dae502e452656b5b447c3e0d7b04.jpg

You sure did find a neat house with all of that. Once you get is all done it will be purrfect for your family to grow up in!

I see what you did there!

MarianParoo - retested the CYA and it is MAYBE becoming no longer visible at or slightly above the 20 mark, but it never really completely goes away. Do I need to bump it up another 10ppm? It's not harming anything except I think it is causing more chlorine to be burned off from the sun, correct?

Yes, more to the sun so it's a waste but also, that means your shock level is high for that CYA which is harder on your liner and stuff. Yes, I would bump to 30 and a shock level of 12. I forgot where you were before....

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked. You were at 30 with a shock level of 12.

If you can start the CYA soon, that's fine. There is a margin of error in testing... That margin is one of the reasons a minimum of 30 CYA is recommended. Hope I didn't get you all worried. I was posting while I was walking the dog and didn't check how my words sounded.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Look down towards the bottom. See the CSI? That will be very helpful for you to help your liner last longer. Run the numbers and see what you find.

It will be harder for you since you SLAM is not quite done but will give you some idea what you are working with and what to try for.

How would one know what to adjust to get CSI in range?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am doing my best, I have my wife pouring in a half gallon of chlorine around noon then I get home around 3 or so and test and adjust, then again when kiddos are in bed.

Tested this morning and FC was at 12ppm. I had to adjust yesterday night when FC dropped down a bit to bring it back up. I had adjusted it to be right at 11, but maybe I poured in a little more.

So that shows very little FC loss overnight. I know I'm not done yet, but it's good to see!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.