New house, New-to-me pool, new adventure!

The second my wife finished vacuuming and I have the ok, the kids were in the pool, there was plenty of leaf particles and debris on the surface, but pump/filter is back up and running and I am just about to do a full test to see where my numbers are, then giving pool a good healthy dose of chlorine back to shock level.

0f31c350072266752d1d8a5a4ee9f660.jpg

Like that word. Insuperable. not often seen.

Oh, gah! 2ppm???? Better do the OCLT and/or train the kids not to pee in the pool.... Just saying.

The kids look SO happy. Fun times Where is Marian?

Hehe so I posted that after the party and testing which was around 1am. I don't recall typing that! Lol!

Checking pool chemistry now... Let's see what it says.

Marian was being held by everybody else...

OCLT test passed!

FC was adjusted to 11FC last night. Took test this morning and it was sitting at 11FC this morning. Pool is nice and clear.

So now, from what I have read, keep FC at a target of 2-4ppm correct?

What about filter and pump? How often do I run that?

In all reality there is still a some sediment on the bottom and I will vacuum that to filter sooner than later, but otherwise... Maintenance mode now correct?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your pool looks great! Nice job staying with it. The reward is amazing and knowing that your kids, family and friends are swimming in a pool so clean and properly cared for is worth it. Just be careful of making it too nice. Then, people never leave, and you have stuff like this going on, 4 different days in the same week (like me last week), when you still have to work in the morning! LOL

poolnight2.jpg

Your pool looks great! Nice job staying with it. The reward is amazing and knowing that your kids, family and friends are swimming in a pool so clean and properly cared for is worth it. Just be careful of making it too nice. Then, people never leave, and you have stuff like this going on, 4 different days in the same week (like me last week), when you still have to work in the morning! LOL

View attachment 50534

I feel like if it's not other families, it will at least be the kids. We were at a lake for Father's Day celebrations yesterday and after about 4 hours of lake swimming we get home and hear "Can we go in the pool!?"

So we did.

Thanks for the warning!

Curiousity question...

Over the past 48 hours we had experienced a rough storm (added a good 2-2.5" of water into the pool) that caused us to lose power (yay for a home generator!) we took a daycation to a lake cottage my mom had for the week. Enjoyed the day very much.... We get home last night and I go out to test FC since I hadn't for a few days (sorry!) FC was at 2ppm. Considering it was late at night and I didn't have the energy, I quickly scooped the large debris floating and put about 1.5 jugs of chlorine in. By my estimates (I didn't test this morning before going to work) that would bring FC up to about 6ppm.

I also had it filter all night to get other debris out.

I look out this morning and there is a decent amount of scattered sediment (sand?) over the entire bottom of the pool. Imagine a flowing river and how the bottom has a flow pattern of sediments. Sorry no pics yet, will do when I get home.

Is that just my filter spitting all that sand out? This happened last week as well but I had attributed it to the pool being in heavy use with kids (pool parties!)

Thoughts?

I did not... It went out of my mind with the events of the past week.

If you put all of the sand into a container I would expect it to be less than maybe a cup and a half... So it's not ALOT but it is still curious why I would have that. I'll have to do some digging to see about sand entering the pool and how "normal" or abnormal that may be.

::we interrupt this program to bring you the following message:::

Per your mention of Fathers Day-Its best not to go from Lake to pool directly (unwashed down bathing suits and such) as you could introduce to the pool lake algae or cooties that you don't want.

:::we return you to your previous program:::

Yip :flower:

Are you sure it is sand? Not dead algae? Just wanted to make sure. You can put a sock over your returns to catch it to see if that is how it is getting in the pool...........Storm=wind, rain run off carrying dirt/sand............kids in and out of pool=dirt in pool from little feet and such......

Just throwing ideas up to see what looks good to you.

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.