New house, New-to-me pool, new adventure!

Well your impatience will be well satisfied I think. [emoji4]

The pool as of this morning before work...
6f64bfa7df60b666750b3884beb65a82.jpg

Yes, that's the main drain!
7a4cf59795a54cb7dfaee9c28e003f5f.jpg

92aa822c06c28998cc4accbdc8352bb7.jpg

It's got a bit of sediment and dirt at the bottom but now that I can clearly see it it should be easy to vacuum!

Also, had a carpenter friend come over to assist in finishing the decking rail.
1a3509de1691f0a6d163eae9b997a460.jpg

Now I can enjoy the weekend, after work of course.

Ill keep the FC at around shock level and do an OCLT tomorrow to be sure.

I kind of wanted to jump into the pool out of excitement this morning but it's only 55 degrees currently.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
:cheers: What a difference from when you opened it! Good job!

That looks like quite a "step" from to the deep end. It will be interesting to see if it is as steep as it looks.

Nice job Carpenter friend! Do you have more of that pretty blue paint?

Kim:cat:

Ah!!! It was worth the wait! Blue!!!!! Good job!

Be sure to vacuum slowly. I see some fine "dust" by the brush. You may find that adding DE to your filter will help catch the finer particles. Is your filter/pump still working well? How often are you having to backwash now? If it's often, wait on the DE.

We don't have that paint! [emoji15] we are supposed to wait a few months to let the wood really dry out (carpenter told us to!) so we will decide if this pretty blue will stay...[emoji39] it's already flaking and wearing off other areas on the deck, several boards need replacing etc. always another project!

I measured from the deep end below the step and I believe it's only 5'6". You make me question it because it does seem to be deeper visually. Water does that though.

I guess a transition from 3.5' to 5.5' is big though.

You can take a sample down to Lowes and they SAY they can match it.

Oh and your carpenter friends is correct. The pressure treatment does need yo dry. That gives you time on this project.

I can't wait to see the kids in the pool.

Ah!!! It was worth the wait! Blue!!!!! Good job!

Be sure to vacuum slowly. I see some fine "dust" by the brush. You may find that adding DE to your filter will help catch the finer particles. Is your filter/pump still working well? How often are you having to backwash now? If it's often, wait on the DE.

It is still working well. It had been running with little change in pressure for several days so I started thinking what was going on. A good friend who has owned several pools in his lifetime mention d the need for clarifier. Remember my father in law mentioning the same thing... Well I know it is against TFP rules but I really felt like I needed a booster for it so after some careful consideration and some reading on here, I chose to give the pool some alum FLOC.

I'm sorry if it's not recommended or not following the TFP method, but my kids are asking daily if they can go in and the summer break isn't getting any longer.

Trust me I literally made this decision yesterday after work, got it, and put it in.

NOW that I got that out there. I am very much going to still follow every step to ensure my pool is free and clear of algae and anything else that can cause a problem so I will still be shocking until I pass the OLCT test with all good marks.

Sorry if I disappointed anyone, but after seeing my electric bill and kicking nearly 50 gallons of chlorine jugs around, I needed a little boost to get closer to that maintenance and enjoyment part of pool ownership.

All of this being said I realize it can go cloudy again due to countless factors but it's easier to see things to take care of them now.

I am SO glad it worked for you! That last bit is the hardest. Once all of the algae is dead it is just time and filtering. You just sped it up some with the floc. No worries. That is what TFP is all about-knowing what you put in your pool and what it will do. You did all of the right things-research and thinking. It came out good for you AND the kids! Now go throw them in! LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.