New house, New-to-me pool, new adventure!

Just got the final pieces of the fence yesterday so we will be working on that tomorrow to get it all closed in.

Already thinking about how green and stinky the pool was I'm amazed... All from a little (ok a lot) of reading, research, and you fine folks! [emoji16][emoji106]

Some pictures from today:
828e0bb136adc7f96df17169b7fc729e.jpg

A question... This came out of the hose after vacuuming. This is my sand from the filter correct? Why would it be in the pool?
3a76244d181836d62016c81b1fb74491.jpg

??? on the sand?? Is it on the concrete by your pool? It came out of the hose when you pulled the vacuum head and hose up after vacuuming? Did you take your filter apart? I was going to read back until I saw how long your thread is:shock: too lazy sorry LOL

That is getting bluer and bluer every day! GREAT job!

Kim:cat:

That's a pretty blue! how deep is the pool there?

It's about 3.5' there. Picture doesn't do it justice. If I hold it still I could just make out a fuzzy outline of the vacuum and hose at the bottom. I'll see if I can take a pic of the area where it angles from 3.5-5.5'. I can make that out as well.

Kimkats - that sand is after I pulled out the vacuume hose and that was leftover sediment inbetween the parts of the hose. I vacuumed to filter today as I was draining quite a bit of pool and have been having to fill it everyday. (Backwashing several times, vacuum to waste, etc)

How else could sand enter the pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dogs in the pool???? I KNOW the kids have not been in so that is out for you right now.

Rain water washing sand in from your digging?

Hoping it is not the filter. Did you open the filter when you were working on the plumbing?

Seeing further and further down the side and hints of a bottom have me feeling good about the progress, be it somewhat slow...

Now that I have the tools at my disposal, it's just a grind to clarity.

My father in law suggested clarifier... He did have a pool for several years. What's the point of clarifier?

Woot! Hope those jugs are empty! You go!!! The pool looks blue???!!!!

A step closer each day. I can make out the drop off from shallow to deep end pretty well, but its still cloudy about halfway down.

My CC's haven't been reading high for several days now... No higher than .5 and some days at 0. Not sure what to do with that info but it sounds like the chlorine isn't "eating" as much stuff now. Sun has been bright and shining as well so in still seeing FC loss. Just checked it before going to bed and FC is resting at 13.5ppm (overshot ok shock level a little)

I have to be at work early tomorrow morning but I will check FC again hopefully before I leave then maybe just ask the wife to put a half gallon in once every 2-3 hours while it's sunny out to offset any FC loss til I get home.

Yup. My FC demand is up lately. No worries. Having your wife help is great!!! Btw, have you checked the CYA recently to make sure we are still targeting the correct FC? Maybe you can do it tomorrow if the sun is still bright when you get home.
Hugs to my namesake, et al.

That fence looks great! Now to find a safe, out of reach of little hands place for the keys!

LOL on reusing the jugs! LOVE it! Where is that porch at? What happened to that part of the railing? It is a pretty color. Have you found the match for the paint?

Not having the CC means you are on the filter phase of the clearing. You have killed your algae for the most part. Now it is time to filter all of the dead stuff out. DE will help in this.

Pool School - Add DE to a Sand Filter

You will need to be there to baby sit the filter as each filter is so different. One filter only liked 2 tablespoons, mine likes 2.5 cups. Start with 1/4 cup and go from there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.