need new swg for aging plaster pool advice please

I have an old 10500 gallon pool. I live in Hawaii and the plaster is in bad shape so it take a lot of chlorine to keep it clear. My circupool rj60 swg is on its last legs - starting to leak and I can't reprogram it easily. What would be a good replacement. I saw the calimar titaninium at a great price but there seems to be some question about its reliability. So I'd like to hear from others on the pros and cons of their favorite systems. Thanks!

I've got a Calimar Titaninium it was a replacement for the CPX system I had, and so far it's holding up well. The heat sink appears to be much larger on the Calimar power supply, think it's similar to circupool rj series. Why not just buy a new replacement cell if you're not having problems with the power supply? Old plaster shouldn't be an issue, if you've got enough chlorine and the proper CYA level.

The Hayward AquRite AQR15 or a variation (it's made under several brand names) is by far the most used and recommend SWG among users on the forum. I had one in service for over ten years and am very happy with it. If it died today, I would replace it with another of the same model. Cells are affordable and seem to last a long time. The power supply holds up well and is adjustable in one percent increments.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.