Integrate a SWG with a Polaris Eos Command Center or wire it separately?

JCD3nton

Jul 6, 2020
Laredo, TX
Recently bought a new house that has a pretty complex pool setup (including a main pump, "cleaner pump", two other full-sized pumps for waterfalls), all running through a Polaris Eos automation system. The main circulation pump is a two-speed Jandy that can be set to off/low/on from the Eos.

This pool is roughly 24,000 gallons (odd shape so I could be off 10-20%), and I am about to get a SWG for the first time since I can already tell the chlorine costs are going to be insane. I am leaning towards the Circupool RJ60+. I gather from a few threads that the EOS was an uncommon automation system so it seems like I may be best off with a DIY install since it will be hard to find someone familiar with it anyways. From what I understand, the SWG has to be set up to kick off and on at the same time as the pool pump.

I have a number of questions:

1. Does the SWG need a particular pump speed to function properly (in terms of water circulation speed) or will it run fine on both of low/high speeds for the circulation pump?

2. If I am sold on the RJ60+ for price/specs, should I go ahead and get it or is there something else that would be significantly easier to install for this kind of setup that would be a lot easier?

3. Do SWGs use much power? In other words, would I need to worry about the added power draw from my system or is a SWG power use immaterial compared to the multiple pool pumps already there?

4. What would be the best way to actually integrate the install? Looking at the circupool manual, it seems like the SWG control unit is just wired to the same connections as the main circulation pump, meaning the EOS would just now be turning them off and on at the same time? Would the multiple pump speed modes (low and on) interfere with that though, or would the SWG get the correct electrical output to kick on regardless of pump speed? Another alternative if the two speed pool pump will mess things up is that I could just remove the cleaner pump from the system, wire the SWG to the connections the cleaner pump was using, and set the EOS timer to have the "cleaner pump" device connection turn off and on at the same time as the circulation pump. But I don't know how risky this is because I don't know what the potential consequences are if the SWG ever runs while the circulation pump is off for some reason.

Any advice on how to handle all of this would be appreciated as I'd like to make sure the RJ60+ is the right thing for me ASAP and get it ordered.

From what I understand, the SWG has to be set up to kick off and on at the same time as the pool pump.

Correct.

1. Does the SWG need a particular pump speed to function properly (in terms of water circulation speed) or will it run fine on both of low/high speeds for the circulation pump?

The SWG will have a Flow Switch and there will be a minimum flow rate/speed needed to engage the flow switch.

2. If I am sold on the RJ60+ for price/specs, should I go ahead and get it or is there something else that would be significantly easier to install for this kind of setup that would be a lot easier?

RJ60+ is as good as it gets.

3. Do SWGs use much power? In other words, would I need to worry about the added power draw from my system or is a SWG power use immaterial compared to the multiple pool pumps already there?

Without looking at the RJ60+ specs it probably draws less then 5 amps.

4. What would be the best way to actually integrate the install? Looking at the circupool manual, it seems like the SWG control unit is just wired to the same connections as the main circulation pump, meaning the EOS would just now be turning them off and on at the same time?

Correct.

Would the multiple pump speed modes (low and on) interfere with that though, or would the SWG get the correct electrical output to kick on regardless of pump speed?

Depends how the low and high speed relays are controlled and where you wire in the RJ60+.

Show us pics of the EOS electrical wiring.

Another alternative if the two speed pool pump will mess things up is that I could just remove the cleaner pump from the system, wire the SWG to the connections the cleaner pump was using, and set the EOS timer to have the "cleaner pump" device connection turn off and on at the same time as the circulation pump. But I don't know how risky this is because I don't know what the potential consequences are if the SWG ever runs while the circulation pump is off for some reason.

I don't think that is the way to go.

Any advice on how to handle all of this would be appreciated as I'd like to make sure the RJ60+ is the right thing for me ASAP and get it ordered.

Show us pics of the EOS wiring and where you are thinking the RJ60 should be connected.

Also pics of your pump and motor data plate.

And while you a e at it the rest of your equipment pad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.