Furiousss

Nov 4, 2022
DFW
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
1 week into construction of a ~26K gallon gunite pool and need to make a decision on my salt water system. PB works with Hayward and intends to install a Aquarite 940 salt cell (this one, I think.)

I know there is a sale on Circupool SWGs and wonder if I should buy this one instead.

660.JPG

I see: "The RJ PLUS-Series will replace Hayward® Aqua Rite® systems with no cutting or gluing, making it a snap to upgrade your salt pool system!"

PB says "no problem", but reminds me the Hayward carries a 3year parts/labor warranty. If I want the Circupool, they'll credit me the cost of the Hayward (waiting to hear how much $$$) and I can order it myself.

I'm in the DFW area.
Opinions?

With a pool of 26,000 gallons in your climate, you'd be better off going with a SWG rated for 60,000 gallons. The Hayward system is rated for 40,000 gallons and produces 1.47 pounds of chlorine per day. Circupool claims the RJ60+ generates 3.1 lb per day. The won't need to work as hard to meet your daily FC needs, and should last twice as long the Hayward system.

Hayward automation is being installed for lights and water features.
Fur,

This adds a little wrinkle to the issue.

You can control a Hayward Cell from your automation. But you can't really control a different brand of SWCG through your automation.

I am not into Hayward products, but, assume you would see what your salt level and be able to adjust your cell's output using your automation. You should confirm this with your pool builder.

You would have to walk out to the equipment pad to do the same thing with any other brand,

If I were in your shoes, I would go with the 40K Hayward cell.. They are one of the best cells on the market.. Your pool is a little large for a 40K cell, but the world is not going to end. You will use up the cell a little faster, but then you have the three year warranty and the ability to use you automation to control the cell. In general, when getting an Automation system, it just makes the most sense to get the same brand of equipment.

I assume that you are going to be getting a Hayward VS pump.. If not that is a much bigger issue.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
Fur,

This adds a little wrinkle to the issue.

You can control a Hayward Cell from your automation. But you can't really control a different brand of SWCG through your automation.

I am not into Hayward products, but, assume you would see what your salt level and be able to adjust your cell's output using your automation. You should confirm this with your pool builder.

You would have to walk out to the equipment pad to do the same thing with any other brand,

If I were in your shoes, I would go with the 40K Hayward cell.. They are one of the best cells on the market.. Your pool is a little large for a 40K cell, but the world is not going to end. You will use up the cell a little faster, but then you have the three year warranty and the ability to use you automation to control the cell. In general, when getting an Automation system, it just makes the most sense to get the same brand of equipment.

I assume that you are going to be getting a Hayward VS pump.. If not that is a much bigger issue.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yes, Hayward VS pumps. Makes sense. I didn't realize I'd lose automation mixing brands. Hopefully by the time my cell fails Hayward will offer a larger size.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.