Low water flow on backwash

Welcome to TFP.

Are you sure you have the correct pipe connections to your MPV?

Are you sure you have the correct MPV for your filter?

What model number filter and MPV do you have?

Post pics of your equipment pad, plumbing, and model numbers.

The pool is a 20,000 gallon For some reason the back wash is Hello water flow period and during the waist flush the water comes out the return nozzles in the pool period. I'm going to deep wash the filter but I'm afraid they might be something stuck in the valve assembly please tell me what you think

The pool is a 20,000 gallon For some reason the back wash is Hello water flow period and during the waist flush the water comes out the return nozzles in the pool period. I'm going to deep wash the filter but I'm afraid they might be something stuck in the valve assembly please tell me what you think
If water is returned to the pool during the backwash cycle then you have issues with the multiport valve

Reactions: JBird66
Show us enough pics of your equipment that we can follow where pipes are going.

Are you sure you have the correct MPV for your filter?

What model number filter and MPV do you have?

I try to deep clean on the filter to remove any obstructions but it was pretty clean. I'm afraid Maybe the valve assembly has something stuck in it. Can anybody help?
If water is returned to the pool during the backwash cycle then you have issues with the multiport valve
Yes I also think it's got to be the multi port. I guess I'll get a hold of Hayward since it's brand new has anybody ever heard of this occurrence before?

Attachments

• 16949740177323218863656477932507.jpg
    16949740177323218863656477932507.jpg
    538.2 KB · Views: 14
I try to deep clean on the filter to remove any obstructions but it was pretty clean. I'm afraid Maybe the valve assembly has something stuck in it. Can anybody help?

Yes I also think it's got to be the multi port. I guess I'll get a hold of Hayward since it's brand new has anybody ever heard of this occurrence before?
Yes I suspect that the spider gasket is bad or missing? Or could it be plumbed wrong?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hopefully not- change it around & see how it goes. Are there no marks/arrows on the mpv?
Are you getting sand in the pool?

Well sirs, you are absolutely right it was plumbed incorrectly. Dang I feel like a dummy oh well. After correcting it got a little Sandy but looks like everything's working correctly. With the exception that the top of the multiport valve continually leaks a little water coming up from The Notches. Did I mess up a gasket inside or is this something that will wash out over time?? Again thank you for helping me figure out where I made my mistake this is a wonderful website

Hopefully not- change it around & see how it goes. Are there no marks/arrows on the mpv?
Are you getting sand in the pool?
We had a little sand in the pool over the last day and then after I reconnected it and backlashed and rinsed there was a little more but it seemed to have stopped any sand flow. But I am still curious why the bear have low valve has water coming out of the top maybe it's got sand in it?

We had a little sand in the pool over the last day and then after I reconnected it and backlashed and rinsed there was a little more but it seemed to have stopped any sand flow. But I am still curious why the bear have low valve has water coming out of the top maybe it's got sand in it?
There is a small engraved p u m p on the very port and a return I don't know how I missed it

We seem to have more problems the pool was putting out quantities of sand so when removing the valve the laterals stayed connected and seen like they won't come off. We have new laterals to install but I don't want to damage the valve

Attachments

• 16973045768561387673211055796422.jpg
    16973045768561387673211055796422.jpg
    728.9 KB · Views: 4

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.