Pineville, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My Cell light is still flashing green after cleaning it with a 50/50 mixture of muriatic acid and water. When I ha4d press the up button, it goes to 60%. My salt level is slightly high at 3764.

Any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum.
Can you tell us how old the cell is? Is the Flow Light green?

Flashing Cell light typically means the cell is bad, but lets try a few troubleshooting items first.

m,

The first indication of cell failure is a flashing cell light when the cell is clean.

Look at the bottom side of the cell for a tag with the Mfg. date.

Acid washing also reduces cell life and I think the 50/50 is pretty strong, it should be 1 part acid to 4 parts water or less.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Welcome to the forum.

Flashing Cell light typically means the cell is bad, but lets try a few troubleshooting items first.
I'm not sure how old it is. I bought the house this past December. The previous Owner said they replaced it recently. I'll check to see what the manufactured date is.

Welcome to the forum.

Any suggestions before I pull the trigger on buying a new cell? They run around $1000.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm not sure how old it is. I bought the house this past December. The previous Owner said they replaced it recently. I'll check to see what the manufactured date is.
All other lights are green. The salt light isn't lit at all even though my salt level is over 3700

My IC40 started doing this last week and by testing the water coming out of the returns, I confirmed that it was not generating any chlorine.

I bought a generic drop-in replacement for $900 shipped and so far it's working great.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.