I made a pool logger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking very nice. I really like how you are attacking the application - all web based, yet displays perfect on a smart phone as well. Saves having to create an app and do dual development. Love the new quick calculator as well. Couldn't have been more perfect timing, needed it just this morning.

Looking very nice. I really like how you are attacking the application - all web based, yet displays perfect on a smart phone as well. Saves having to create an app and do dual development. Love the new quick calculator as well. Couldn't have been more perfect timing, needed it just this morning.

Thanks, I love hearing this! This is why I made it a web app (at least for now) and I feel like in a weird way things are headed back this way. (See: Google Progressive Web Apps) If I would have made this a native app. I would have 2 sets of code, and I couldn't rapidly add features like I am doing now. Someone on this site suggests an idea and I can implement it and have it pushed out to users in minutes. With the App Store I would have to recompile and then wait for approval, which can take a week or more.

Glad you like the quick calc! I love it too!

You would have had three or four sets of code (unless you used a unified mobile language out of Xamarin or one of the others). Often, when my boss or a client starts asking me about dedicated mobile apps, I can't understand why they'd want the extra expense when we're already using a good, usable, scalable UI on our web app.

PoolLogger scales perfectly well! I usually run my tests with my phone sitting next to me and put the numbers in as I get them out of the test kit. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Any way pool logger could import a file? Those with data in another app or spreadsheet lose the historical data by moving to Pool Logger.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
That would be pretty cool. Last year I was maintaining both the excel sheet log and my poollogger.com log mainly because I like having a local copy on my hard drive rather than something in the cloud. I guess I'm just getting old and don't trust anyone but myself :)

I have export functionality built, but I haven't made import yet. I do have it in my plans but I want to do it right and really make sure it doesn't crud up the database. So I will work on it. Might take a little more time than my usual feature requests.

Thanks Russ. I'd say no hurry with that import function. It's just something that would be cool at some point, and I know what a logistical nightmare it can be to sort code out to make sure it all works good. So hat's off to you for being willing to even do it.

On another note, I just read via another thread that TFP is working on its own version of test logging integrated with poolmath, and via iOS and android apps. I'm assuming this is separate from poollogger.com?

Jesse's Graphical Pool Testing Log

Yep, it is separate. I look forward to trying out TFP's app and I hope they do well with it. I do hope that all my hard work on Pool Logger isn't a waste. I have hundreds of users now and I hope people keep using it. There are many people that are not on the forum that use it as well and I point them straight here in many areas on Pool Logger. It was developed for all of you by all of you. 15 pages in this thread worth.

I've been entering my data in and have a small request. :) Maybe I'm just a data nerd and like to track too many things, but I also keep up with my SWG %. Could that be added?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.