Help with start up for swg vinyl ag pool

My TFTEST kit came in just now and I little a
help !!
What do I test first? And then....
attachment.php

I always do pH first, because it can change if the sample sits too long. I do CYA last because the test works better when the water is warm. My sample cup sitting in the sun on the patio table has to be warmer than it was two feet under the surface of the pool.

Ok here are my results but on the TA turner pink at 7 drops but the instructions say Red so I kept on putting drops up to 15 and it was still pink just little darker but not much?
PH-BELOW the 6.8 it was lighter than the 6. 8
FC-7
CC-1.5
TC-8.5
CH-50
TA-70 but it never turned red so I put 15 drops and Still pink ju s t darker. This may t as ke some practice. But I'll get it.
CYA-60
SINCE this is a start up tha started a few days ago what do I do next? I thought I would Ned to wait on cya to disolve completely. ??cc is higher than norm. ????

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

GeeGaw! HI! SO glad you see you again! Lets get this pool all set up!

The FIRST thing you do is get the PH up! Here is a link to what we use for each item:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Note that most of the stuff can be bought at Walmart and such!

Next we need to get you started on a SLAM. Here is the link to that:

Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

The CC is showing you have something trying to grow so we need to get it out before it starts to show it's self.

CYA-We have been doing some real world testing and have found that just about as soon as it is all dissolved and had about 30 mins of pump mixing it will show on the test! So you are good there. It might go up a tiny bit but for now dose as if it is 60.

LOL I just thought of a fun way to get the PH up! Throw the grandkids in and tell them to splash and have fun! Might be a little cold still for that!

Kim :cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do not worry about the TA. It is the last thing we work on.

Get the PH up to 7.2 then start the SLAM. A fountain will work to get it up BUT you might want to buy some borax as it is kind of low and needs to come up faster than the fountain will do it.

Kim

You will not be able to backwash. That is for Sand and DE filters. It is to clean the filter. You clean by taking the cartridge out and hosing it out.

The low PH will be hard to read as it might be lower than your tube goes.

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Ok results now 7 am
Ph-less than 6.8
FC- 7.5
CC- 0
CH- 25
TA- 60
CYA- 45

Lets get that PH up ASAP............Everything else looks good.

Do not worry about CH as you have a vinyl liner.

Kim

Since I just put in cya a few days ago should I still clean my filter a few times a day .....pool still has greenish tint even though my liner is white from 7 years of chemicals and sun.
Filter is cartridge type.??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.