RhondaW

Sep 8, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Pool has been drained and almost filled and ready for start up.
Do I need to back wash?
Do anything specific to the pool or equipment?
Do I just test with my kit and apply chemicals or is there a specific start up of chemicals that is recommended?
Thanks all. Still fairly new to all this.

You only need to backwash is pressure has risen 25% over clean pressure.

After a few hours of circulating Just do all the tests & post the results here like this
👇
Fc
Cc
Ph
Ta
Ch
Cya

Did you completely drain & refill? Any particular reason you replaced your water?

You only need to backwash is pressure has risen 25% over clean pressure.

After a few hours of circulating Just do all the tests & post the results here like this
👇
Fc
Cc
Ph
Ta
Ch
Cya

Did you completely drain & refill? Any particular reason you replaced your water?
Yes complete drain and refill. My CYA was over 150 and my CH was 1125. It was a mess to control.

Issues get air out of the system been running the hose in the filter but still NO pressure to circulate. Suggestions???
Post some pics of your pool and especially the equipment pad from a couple angles so we can see everything. Your signature is also blank so we have no idea what you have there. More info will help us to help you.

Reactions: Mdragger88
30 ppm worth of cya (via sock method) if the tube was completely clear. If it was cloudy at all just do 15ppm worth & re test in 24 hours.
5 ppm worth of liquid chlorine asap.
Do an
Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to confirm nothing is brewing/remains from having inadequate fc previously.

Reactions: RhondaW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.