Help me get my pool ready

Sorry.

So 1.5 gallons added 20+ppm (from 20ppm to 40ppm)
Then today you added 1 gallon to 18.5 (which should add ~13ppm to 30.5ppm), but an hour later you were only at 23.5ppm?

When did you test the CYA? I would check it again as these are some pretty high loses after passing the OCLT.

Did you test the OCLT 1 hour after adding FC and leave the pump on all night?

If clear and no sign of algae, and you have not reported any CC, and you passed the OCLT previously, you should be done with the process.

I would do a true OCLT again to confirm and then maintain normal chlorine levels. You're losing a lot of chlorine to the sun at this point it seems.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
linen said:
Looks like your oclt was 4 ppm? Then you are still killing stuff, so don't give up the ghost!

I did not really count that as a true OCLT ... 9:30 is a bit late and with the rate of FC loss they are seeing in the day, much of that could have been in the few hours after sun rise.

This is why I recommended a true OCLT before stopping the process. Although if the water still looks cloudy, I would not stop yet anyway.

Day 12:
ahenenu7.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.