Help me get my pool ready

I tested the FC this Morning, but not really to see how much was lost because the water is still very cloudy. From my understanding you keep the pool at shock level until the CC is at zero, the water is clear, AND you have no FC loss overnight. My focus yesterday was to keep the FC above shock so I added chlorine after the test last night. As such, there is no way to know how much was lost. Tonight, I will test an hour after adding any chlorine to start watching the FC overnight.

Current Parameters:
FC 19
CC 0
PSI 12

Added a little more chlorine just to be safe as I have to work today and won't be able to test till later...

It sounds like your chlorine additions are just right for maintaining the shock level of FC. Nice work?

Do you see some improvement in your water clarity or some diminishing of the staining?

The water became really green after the first brushing. Since then the water has been getting consistently better. It seems it will take a week or so to clear all the way up...

There is some staining still visible but it is hard to tell the extent because the water is still so cloudy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
duraleigh said:
UWV,

No reason to do an overnight test as he has added FC after the test.

Check! Also cloudy water - got it. I was sleepy I suspect - I didn't even see the fact that he added more chlorine when I replied.

Sounds like this is on track.

Tested FC: 19.5
Added some chlorine as I won't be able to test again till later tonight.
Ordered more FC reagent for my tf-100 test kit.

Forgot to post this, it was day one.
u5aza7et.jpg

Today: Day Three
e9atamyt.jpg

Also, I filled the pool to the bottom of the coping so the tile would get shocked too. Is tgat a goof practice?

stlbill said:
We are not recommending he floc dead algae and vacuum to waste because he has a cartridge filter, right?

We never (*rarely) recommend floc or clarifier. Sometimes they help, sometimes they make things much much worse. You are correct though that floc should only be used when you have the ability vacuum directly to waste.

They also will not help if you still have living algae.

99% of the time, the filter will take care of things on its own if you have patience for the shock process.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.