HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to turn

Re: HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to

@linen

I was trying to add more color on Leebo's post which suggested the time would be faster on the cleanup conversion for an increased chlorine level. I neglected to think of the other reasons you just stated that you want to stay with the targets on this site.

The bottom line is if it was a big difference in time and it was safe to do, it would already be in the guidelines here. I think we can all agree on that.

But the point I was trying to make is that mathmatically is in having double the parts per million in chlorine doesn't half the time requirement.

Oh i checked the mail box and i did get my kit. So, i'm good to go.

So, now i guess i go back to keeping my levels up to 15 every hour like at the beginning right?

Anddddddddd most importantly scrub the pool all day long.

Am i thinking right?

Oh and i wanted to mention where all that algae was hiding. In the middle of the pool. He scrubbed the sides and nothing came off. But when he hit the very center of the pool (where i couldn't really reach) bam...green monster awoke. Just fyi for any newby that may read this and things are off like they were for me.

You'd want to avoid the stuff you kicked up from resettling later tonight so I would scrub it again a bit before sun down but not late enough that you can't get a good FC CC level an hour after you scrub because you might use a lot of chlorine for the stuff that got knocked around.

Since you know you stirred a lot up I would grab that FC CC level soon get those results and then see where you are. Kind of the same thing as before testing frequently until you see you can maintain the 15 FC and especially watching the level to make sure the 15 FC isn't falling hard after stirring the pool.

Boooooo. That is yucky news.

If you remember my thread, I couldn't read instructions on how to use the test kit. No one is perfect.

Don't get discouraged tho. Just gonna have to keep on it. Have your son scrub away ... Repayment for everything you did for him :)

You can do it Niki!

I fully agree that the time difference won't be much. Majority of the chlorine on a baqua swap is lost to the sun anyways.

As for brushing....I'd guess in a few days you'll see a HUGE change in water color. If you can, let all the dead bodies settle again and try to s.....l....o.....w....l.....y vacuume the pool. See how much you can clean that way. Watch the filter again, the psi should go up again. The CC's should go up some too, and will give you a good hint on how far along you truly are.

Keep at it. I know the swap is an expensive pain in the rear, but it is worth it in the long run.

So i should keep brushing and let the chlorine try and kill it? Or let it settle. I gotta say, i'm not great at vacuuming. I tried that before and the pump kept getting stopped up constantly with the green algae and it took forever to just do a little tiny bit.

I'll go and backwash right now, add some DE and water and then recheck levels....anxious to see what my CCs are now.

Oh and i'll post a pic...it may make ya'll cry too LOL

I agree.....DE will just get clogged up if it's VERY dirty. Sand filters ROCK at filtering out the big stuff. It's 100% up to you about keep brushing, or vacuuming. How long ago did you try to vacuum and your filter get clogged up? It may go a bit faster this time as more stuff should be broke down.

Orrrrrrr
If you wish to have the skimmer do the work, that's fine too. Keep brushing and it will get cleaned up soon. I don't see you being to far behind. I think very soon you'll see a HUGE change in your water.

@jmborchers

I'm sorry jmborchers :oops: ...I am reading too fast :hammer:

I see your point now, and it is good one.

I am going to remove my last post, since it was not helpful for this thread.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Ok here is the low-down.

FC 1.0 after 1.5 hours since putting in chlorine to get it to 15
CC 2.5

Here are some lov-ely pictures. Ain't she purty? OMG help me....LOL

This is just now.....

One of my son scrubbing, bless his heart, he is my hero.

100_1399-1.jpg

100_1400.jpg

This is the other side of the pool that i hardly ever take pics of. oh and my friend Jules at the back door. *waves lol

100_1401.jpg

All together now.....WAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

So, I go back to scrubbing and keeping my FC to 15 all the time, right?

Wow there was a lot of crud sitting in the middle. Probably rotting tree leaves, dead algae and the like... Since the CC is not so high this seems to indicate most of this stuff is dead already and just needs to be filtered out.

Ok you all just freaking rock. Shower has been taken. Eyes are now dry. I am climbing those Rocky steps again.

I won't add any more DE. I'll keep scrubbing today. After tonight and it settles, maybe i'll try vaccuming again. It was getting clogged up from all the leaves, but since i did at least get those out with the suggestions here on this website, it may be way easier to vaccume now.

Nine days and going strong!!!! I WILL NOT BE EATEN BY THE ALGAE MONSTER!!!! THIS IS WAR!!!!! lol...*skips in circles

jmborchers said:
Wow there was a lot of crud sitting in the middle. Probably rotting tree leaves, dead algae and the like...

I know see? See what it made my face leak? Now, when all of this is said and done and i truly have a clean pool i will get a t-shirt that says "DON'T FORGET TO BRUSH AND BRUSH OFTEN".

Should have listened!!! Ya'll told me!!!!!

Yeah if you are gonna vacuum let it settle. If you aren't then you have to keep stirring that up so it doesn't settle. The quickest in getting that water clear would be to vacuum out as much waste as possible because it's the most direct approach.

Here we go. I won't put all my numbers on here each time i test. No need to bore you all to tears.

But wanted to show this one cause my CC did go up this time.

After one hour...

FC 4
CC 3.5

Adding bleach now. My son has scrubbed it all down twice. Will get him to do that a couple of more times today.

When you say "all your numbers", you do realize you only need to test FC (and optionally CC since you do it with the same sample) at this stage of conversion process?

Looks like you guys are making progress :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.