HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to turn

Re: HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to

This is what the chart looks like so far. I'm not sure why your overnight chlorine changes aren't consistent and that was bothering me so I made a chart.

[attachment=0:fq89j39y]Baq1.jpg[/attachment:fq89j39y]

Attachments

• Baq1.jpg
    Baq1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 109

Why is it.....something is yelling "off" to me. Losing that many FC's overnight with that low of a CC level seems' weird. Add to that your water not clearing up much and my gut is going hummmmm.

Have you been brushing the pool often? Have you scrubbed every spot you can think of? The skimmer, ladders, steps, lights, and anywhere else you can think of? Something's odd here.........

I'm brushing some. Now at the beginning i brushed a LOT. Everyday i walk around and try to brush the bottom. But, honestly i've not really really gave it a really good brushing since last week...sides and all.

Being over isn't a bad thing....just goes faster. Not sure why you lose 5FC's overnight, but the CC's dropped some?

We've got a clue!! Give that pool some brushing love! It's ginna make it cloudy again but will help in the long run.

OK....i'll double and triple brush today. I have to go out of town for a few hours, but i'll brush before i go and when i get back.

I'm hangin in there. THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I measured my pool best i could.

It seems it is 22 feet across

4 feet high. The calculator says it is 11,400 and i'm assuming that would mean the water is to the top, which it's not.

So am i save to go with around 11,000?

11,000 should be close. From your pictures it looks like the pool is about 3" below the 48" high point so that would be 3.75 feet which would give 10,700 gallons which starts to explain why you were overshooting on chlorine additions.

So much awesome stuff in this thread :)

I too was wondering why so much FC loss with no CC. I just assumed it was a by product of the conversion. Oopsie.

Brush that sucker down. I tried to brush twice a day and I'm sure that wasn't enough.

Your diligence is inspiring :)

There you are NewPoolOwner!!!! I thought you had decided to just live in that sparkling pool of yours. Hater!!!

Well, change in plans...I don't have to go out of town today.

So, i'm trading in my bleach shorts for some brush shorts today. I'll throw in some bleach here and there too. Couldn't hurt.

Having the level above the target of 15 doesn't make a big difference.

Think of it this way; if you have a 1 in a million chance with one lottery ticket of winning the lottery and you buy two tickets now you have twice the chance of winning that lottery and while that's true the difference in percentage is extremely small:

1/1000000= 0.0001%
2/1000000= 0.0002%

The same goes for chlorine level:
15 ppm = 0.0015%
30 ppm = 0.0030%

So in time the difference would be roughly this percentage.
If it took 14 days at 15 ppm it would take .0015% less time with the double chlorine level or 0.005 hours (about 18 seconds of time difference) over that same 2 weeks for twice the cost of chlorine.

Now in reality this is actually on an curve because in the begining the baq level is high (it's ppm is also initially high) and the chlorine can combine into CC readily and thats what we saw so the only thing you'd want to avoid to decrease your time is preventing FC from ever going to zero because that would equate to completely wasted time idling. She did a great job of staying on top of it.

As time goes on there's less and less ppm of stuff for the chlorine to combine with so there's less of a chance those chlorine are going to hit something.

That's why the biggest factors in overall time are going to be to mix up the water with the filter system and brushing the walls speeding collisions of bad stuff with the chlorine.

So all of this basically comes down to mathematical probabilty...

Well All..... I sorta at this moment feel somewhat of a failure.

I really thought i was doing good...but i wasn't. You all were right in thinking there was a problem. There definitely was/is one.

I had my son (6'5") scrub the pool for me. His arm length, not to mention his strength is 4x mine, at least.

I just now had about a 30 minute crying spell....

Because...

My pool is now completely green again.

I mean green.

I know this thread is a long one but i pray that any newby can learn from my mistake. I wasn't brushing as i should have and now i'm paying for it.

I did try but it wasn't enough.

So now...back to square one? I put in 2 182 oz bottles of bleach. I'm almost out of my FC/CC testing supplies. I ordered from the link on this site a week ago today and still don't have it. I'm going to see if maybe it got lost or something because the first time i ordered it, it was here within 3 days.

Square one again? Someone shoot me.

Don't cry you aren't back to square one. Once the FC level stays high now that algae won't regrow. It'll take a bit of time as that algae dies completely and gets sucked into the filter. This does explain why we were thinking the levels were a bit funny this morning.

So the problem is likely caught now and you progress from here...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.