Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!

Denise, I'm not sure I'd put tape on the plaster. It might damage it in some way and you don't want to void the warranty. Maybe just put the tape on the coping above it.

Those shells are really gonna shine after the wash! You're getting water tomorrow! Woohoo!! :whoot:

You are right, and that's really what I meant. I'm not doing ANYTHING to cause myself more problems!

- - - Updated - - -

It's very surreal to know the pool is going to be filling tomorrow...

It was hard for me to go over my pool with a fine-toothed comb after the plaster before the acid wash. Hard because I was so tired; I couldn't get in the pool (none of us can); and mostly I had very poor mobility then (was using a walker outside). But, I can tell from looking back over the pictures that there must have been quite a few boo-boos since the supervisor was pointing out lots of places to be filled in or smoothed over. I think in one of those pictures, you can even see the boss-looking guy pointing down at a place for a man to fix. Now that I think about it, that happened a lot. I guess it should have worried me at the time, but I was just so glad they were fixing things they didn't like. And thrilled my carnival ride was coming to an end!

I think your acid guys will be detailed from the way the guy talked to you today and was so kind to reassure you. It took his time to do that, and he wouldn't have bothered if it were not true. I believe he was sincere. Also, these plaster companies seem to be in competition with each other. Most of these plaster brands are national, so it's a nationwide competition to stay in business. If the word gets out they do a lousy job, it's too easy for the PB to jump ship to another company. And PB's don't want the headaches of having to get the warranty issues handled.

From the many builds we've read on TFP, don't you think it's fairly universal that plaster crews seem to do really good jobs? That's my perception. I believe your long drops on the roller coaster are over! Let's commit to that, ok?!!!

Actually, I hope you aren't even reading this and that you're asleep. When you do read it, you'll know I was sending lots of positive energy to you!!! I'd say most of TFP members are doing the same. We're all pulling for you, Denise!
Suz

Close up of backwash pipe (?) pointing toward heater...

I know you've had nothing but a bad experience with your PB. If they won't fix it, you or your hubby can fix it with about $3 worth of pvc pipe, a pvc elbow, and a hacksaw, to direct it away from the heater. All is not lost!

And congratulations on the plastering! I hope you are out there making sure they finish the job to your satisfaction.

I know you've had nothing but a bad experience with your PB. If they won't fix it, you or your hubby can fix it with about $3 worth of pvc pipe, a pvc elbow, and a hacksaw, to direct it away from the heater. All is not lost!

And congratulations on the plastering! I hope you are out there making sure they finish the job to your satisfaction.

Thanks, BeachHead!! My BIL is a plumber. I'll have him take care of it. I never thought of doing that, honestly. Too many issues running around in my head!

You all are not going to believe this...

Some spots of the plaster are bad enough that they are reshooting the entire pool and spa, and I didn't even have to ask for it. The head plaster guy said it bothered him all night and he wants it to be a good job and the best thing to do is reshoot. They are not chipping it all out, just around the plumbing, the drains and waterline tile. Said the base is good and they will clean it and shoot it by Saturday.

I'll have some pictures for you later.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm sorry it needs reshooting in the first place, but it's great they are doing an entire reshoot without you asking. To me, that makes a company good when they stand behind their work. (of course checking the radar for the coming storms would have been the better thing to do). I admire the head plaster guy for stepping up - he has a conscience!! Was that the same guy who reassured you yesterday? If not, then they have at least 2 good guys!

It sounds like you're getting primo plaster now with TWO shoots, right?!!! It will be SuperStrong! No tornado is gonna take your pool away!!!

No, I can't hardly believe this is happening to you, after all you've been through. But you don't sound too upset about the delay. I guess you're just relieved they're going to make it right. You and Umm need to collaborate on a book about pool building!!

I'm sorry it needs reshooting in the first place, but it's great they are doing an entire reshoot without you asking. To me, that makes a company good when they stand behind their work. (of course checking the radar for the coming storms would have been the better thing to do). I admire the head plaster guy for stepping up - he has a conscience!! Was that the same guy who reassured you yesterday? If not, then they have at least 2 good guys!

It sounds like you're getting primo plaster now with TWO shoots, right?!!! It will be SuperStrong! No tornado is gonna take your pool away!!!

No, I can't hardly believe this is happening to you, after all you've been through. But you don't sound too upset about the delay. I guess you're just relieved they're going to make it right. You and Umm need to collaborate on a book about pool building!!

Correction: Tornado may take the pool, but it certainly won't crack the shell :p

Denise, make sure they put the shells in again - mixed in AND hand-casted! So sorry to hear this, but as Suz said, it is great that they are doing this all on their own. It is good that they are taking pride in their work. Hopefully this is the last unexpected drop in your roller coaster ride!

Suz- I'm actually relieved they are reshooting. I'm not mad. I'm still a bit anxious and stressed (more rain in the next few days) but I feel better than yesterday during the downpour! The guy that reassured me yesterday and the guy I spoke with today (owner?) are 2 different people but look like they could be brothers! Both great guys with integrity.

Marla-I will remind them to add the extra shells :) They look amazing!!

gocubs418- We'll have no talk of tornadoes! BTW- I'm from the Chicago area, grew up watching the Cubbies choke...

After it was decided by the plaster company boss (owner?) that the pool would be reshot, the guy that was here to do the acid wash said they wanted me to look at the spa and see if it looked ok, or if I wanted it reshot as well. He explained that he was going to acid wash it first and then we could make a decision. After he was done, he had me come out and he told me it needed to be redone. I could see it was very uneven in spots, so I agreed. Otherwise, WOW!! The plaster color with the glass beads and the shells looks amazing! I had been having coffee with my husband and my sister, so I explained I was going to have them come out and take a peek at the acid washed spa. He told me no, he wanted to power wash it for me first because it was going to make it look even prettier. I told him that wasn't necessary, but he insisted. When he was finished power washing, he let us come look and it just blew us away.
All that extra work was so sweet and not necessary. What a kind gesture so we could see just how beautiful it will be when they finish! Here's some pictures!

Spa after acid wash and power wash. The picture just doesn't do justice to this finish. It's going to be beautiful when it's finally done!

This is actually a truer picture of how vibrant that blue is in person

Prepping for new plaster

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.