Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!

IT IS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on the plaster!!!!!

Marker tile! WOW! That is some BLING :sun: right there! I would be able to just sit there and look at the pretty color!

grrrrrrrrr on the equipment REALLY??? I do suggest you look for some of the firehouse hose to use as the backwash hose as you can NOT afford to have the "normal" blue hose that is known to spring a leak. With your heater being right there.........

It is like none of them talks to the other......."I will just use this pipe here" instead of "this must be for something already, I will put in my own".

The outlet is worth pushing for as is the line for future light/power.

nini is getting plastered today! OH yeah!

Kim:cat:

Just verified they have MY plaster

we are supposed to be getting extra abalone shells as well. I asked a man who seemed in charge, e said the owner of the company wasn't here yet and that he would talk to him about it.

I dreamt about plaster, pools and weird things all night.

Here's the progress report:

I asked about the extra shells and was told that he made a few phone calls and verified that the extra are in the mix. Frankly, I don't believe it because I was told 2 months ago that my plaster had arrived at the PB office. These are sealed bags and I just asked for the extra shells a couple weeks ago. I'm not going to straight up call the guy a liar or challenge what he told me. I'm just saying, I don't think I'm getting a straight story.

It's going to be beautiful regardless!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Marla- a guy was just out here, brought a bag of shells and they hand cast some (not a lot- maybe a handful) on the bubbler shelf and in the pool.

IT'S POURING RAIN!!! I feel like Murphy's law reins supreme over this build :(
The plaster guys assured me it would be fine..They are covering the pool in plastic.

I'm stressed...

Oh, Denise!!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce: You're getting plastered!!! I was half scared to check this morning. It's really happening, and it's looking great!

The trim tile is terrific! I love, love, love it! You did a fabulous job setting it all out. Nini, you're gonna be amazed how much you love and enjoy all the special touches you designed in your pool - those lovely Nini steps; the multi levels and jets in the spa (I wish you had designed mine!); the corner step-outs repeated throughout the pool (the Nini step-outs ; I've never seen that before) ; your spillway (what kind is that called?) ; that gorgeous peacock tile (my, you have excellent taste - hee hee!) ; and those hours you spent placing the tiles just the way you wanted them! You thought of everything.

If you enjoy swimming under the water, definitely get a mask so you can really enjoy all those beautiful details under water - it's soooo fun! In fact, I got a new mask yesterday and still love looking around the pool underwater. Even the boo-boos make me smile!

I can't stop smiling! I'm so excited for you! :party::party::party:

Hugs!

Oh no!! I can only imagine how freaked out you must be feeling but if the plaster guy says it will be fine, it will be!!! Saying a prayer that the good Lord puts some of this weather on pause so they can sort it out.

Personally, I would oh so sweetly explain to your PB that since you upgraded to the shells after they already got the bags of plaster, the additional can't be included and you'd like to see that the additional gets added.

You're right though! It will be beautiful regardless. I just hate to see you working so hard to pay for something extra that you don't get. Oh, that color! I can't wait to see it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has POURED for a sold hour now. There was a small (couple of minutes) break in the rain and they are squeezing the water out of the plaster and then it starts pouring again. I think they are worried... I know I am....

- - - Updated - - -

It's raining so hard that the buckets being used for anchors to hold up the plastic are falling in the pool...on top of the soft plaster...and their brown paper used to cover the edge of the pool deck is bleeding brown dye onto the plaster...
I have been assured the dents and divots made by the falling buckets will be troweled smooth and that the brown staining will come off with acid wash.

STILL pouring with no end in sight...

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the kind comments, everyone. I can only pray it turns out ok...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.