Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!

Thanks for the kind remarks, everyone!

Kim,
After they chipped out the areas they needed to do and power washed everything, they mixed up a grey material (came in a large bag like cement or mortar, then rolled it over everything with a roller brush- including the cemented and plastered on tiles. There was no saving them. They will place all new ones. Good thing I ordered 20% overage instead of the recommended 10%. I have the new tiles ready to place.

There is a chance for rain over the next few days. I'm hoping they hold off until Monday.

PB was here today. I told him we need to address the deck when this plaster business is done. He said he agreed, but we will see. He also said they aren't finished with the backwash pipe. That at least was good news.
Pergola maybe built the middle of next week. Supposed to finish out the firepit with rock, fire element and lava rock this week.

I can't stop looking at that spa. Oh my, my, my! It is far more beautiful than I could envision! I guess it's been covered also with the dark gray mix? Did your heart leap a little when you your gorgeous spa? What did your sister and husband say?

Do you have enough glass tiles to trim it all the same as before? That really is huge that you ordered extra. Those tiles under water are going to knock your socks off! And so will the whole pool. You really sound at peace with everything. I agree with you - wait for sunny skies. And I agree with Marla, your patience is biblical!

So you have to lay out the tiles again??? Oh my! I think I would be saying unkind words about now, especially since all of that tile you bought has been covered up. I think I'd be talking to the PB about that, figuring out how many $$ got covered up. Those tiles aren't cheap as you know!

Wow! Catching up on this thread, and I can't believe all that you're having to go through. I'd be losing it. Will make for a good story later for you though! I agree with the others, your spa and tile look awesome. Keeping my fingers crossed you can get through the remainder without drama!

So you have to lay out the tiles again??? Oh my! I think I would be saying unkind words about now, especially since all of that tile you bought has been covered up. I think I'd be talking to the PB about that, figuring out how many $$ got covered up. Those tiles aren't cheap as you know!

This. Just because you had extra doesn't mean there wasn't a cost in the 10% that are now lost.

That said, the money is already spent, so pick your battles - if it's more important to address further deficiencies in the deck, you can be "nice" and trade the plasterer's mistake for more work on your decking. :) Do some horsetrading.

Pool construction on hold until Monday. Hubby went to the ER with shortness of breath and chest pain during work in the wee hours of the morning (he works nights at the same hospital). He actually called the ER to send someone to help him. So, the RIT (rapid intervention team) team went to his area and took him to the ER. I don't sleep with my phone (I will now!) and missed the calls at 4am from the House Supervisor and his boss. When I got up at 6:15 and checked my phone I had several msgs. Of course, I was out of the house in less than 15 minutes, shower and all, looking like a bag lady.

He's had a long day, but he's fine. No heart attack, no pulmonary embolism, no mass in his chest. He was sick a few days ago and it looks like he developed a little pleural fluid causing painful difficult breathing. We will discharge home tomorrow.

While we were in noninvasive cardiology for his stress test, a huge bad storm with at least one tornado rolled through the Tulsa/Bixby, etc. area. Tress down everywhere, over 100,000 without power, school roofs torn off...
My sister tells me we just now got power back. It had been off since around noon.
The hospital never lost power and it's nice & cool here. I'm staying.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.