Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!

Update-

I called Bobe Fire and Water to ask about the lead time on the scuppers I chose... It takes 2-3 weeks for the copper, hammered copper or stainless steel, but if you add a patina finish like the oil rubbed bronze it adds another 2-3 weeks to the lead time. So, we are still within the right time frame.
BTW- the weather is perfect here for construction, swimming or looking at an empty concrete hole ;) It looks to be this way all week. Here's to hoping something GOOD gets done :)

Just wanted to say I am so sorry you are having all this run around and delay. Hoping you get your pool finished soon! ��

Update-

I called Bobe Fire and Water to ask about the lead time on the scuppers I chose... It takes 2-3 weeks for the copper, hammered copper or stainless steel, but if you add a patina finish like the oil rubbed bronze it adds another 2-3 weeks to the lead time. So, we are still within the right time frame.
BTW- the weather is perfect here for construction, swimming or looking at an empty concrete hole ;) It looks to be this way all week. Here's to hoping something GOOD gets done :)

I am glad you found that out. It helps to know the whys when things are taking so long.

:hug:

Kim:cat:

I am glad you found that out. It helps to know the whys when things are taking so long.

:hug:

Kim:cat:

Me, too! Made me feel better. I didn't want to think that I was being lied to...

This morning, without my prompting, PB texted to say the scuppers still were not in and the puchasing admin would be following up today to see what the hold up is. I refrained from replying that we were still within the lead time window.... ;)

Concrete guy texted this morning also to let me know they will be here tomorrow morning. My stomach is in knots.
For those of you that are following along and believe in the power of prayer, I'd appreciate prayer for a GOOD job, something that's acceptable so that we can move on. I don't want to have to continue to make a "thing" of this. Locally, people are telling me to break contract and hire someone else to finish, get an attorney, call the local news stations (Problem Solvers, 2Works For You, etc)... We do not want to do any of that. First, I don't think we could afford to finish the pool and the rest of the outstanding items if we break contract. We don't have $$ for an attorney. And I do not want to notoriety of the news stations. We REALLY want to resolve this as amicably as possible.

I'm working this afternoon and evening, so tomorrow should get here quickly for me!

I recently requested Sunbrella fabric samples from an outdoor furniture cushion manufacturer. They custom make cushions to fit furniture that is discontinued. My samples came today :) Hoping to order soon!

Here's all the samples I requested. Behind them are the Sunbrella fabric Teal Umbrellas we bought from Sam's last week.

image_zps70ncqrkd.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's Hubby's choice:

image_zpsow1xl6n1.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's what I'm leaning toward (see Kim! Here comes the color!!):

image_zpsvuaqgi48.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

I like all of the swatches but the bottom 3 are more muted than I'm wanting. The other 3 are vibrant and pretty but the one I like the best is the most versatile. We can do teal, blue, periwinkle, navy, yellow, orange, lime, sea foam green and probably red without it looking out of place. This will be for a love seat, 2 chairs and 2 ottomans. I am thinking maybe I will get solid colors (probably teal) for the loungers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here goes..... I agree with you on the three samples on the bottom. Compared to the top three, they almost look faded. My first favorite was the same as your husband's, Dolce Oasis. But after I read you wanted to go for more color, my favorite is now Seville Seaside (and would be no matter what). It is vibrant and bold in a cleaner look (I can't quite find the right word here) than the Bravada Limelite. With the Seville, I love that it has two shades of blue, two shades of lime, and the teal seems to go better with the teal of the umbrellas. But I know you can't always see the true colors from pictures. Your first choice is too busy for me with the skinny stripes and two many colors. I wouldn't want all those colors to take away from the pool. You know best, because you're there in the environment and seeing your vision in your mind's eye. They are ALL lovely fabrics.

Scratch this and see my next post after Sheree posted the chairs with the sample fabrics.

PRETTY! I like the one on the left of Sheree's chairs. The second place would go to the one in the middle and it is a close second as it is hard to choose from the two. Lefty got the nod due to more colors. Middle man got the almost nod due to I oh so love BLUE! Poor little righty is a distant third. Pretty but not as pretty as the other two.

Kim:cat: (Sheree you are amazing to find and share like that! THANKS!)

Hahaha!!! Not a single vote swinging my way!
Sheree, that's awesome!!! Thank you! I didn't even think to google the fabrics! So clever!!

The Seville is my second choice, and it is a close 2nd! I am going back and forth. The middle one (Hubby's choice) is pretty but too much blue for me (sorry, Kim!).
Since Sheree inspired me, I looked at additional pictures to find my favorite. The smaller stripes of the yellow and orange are not showing like they do in person.

I found this:

image.jpg

A little crisper image. I would accent the chair cushions with some bright yellow throw pillows to pull out the color even more. No decision made yet!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.